Looking for Flippy

damian.du...@gmail.com

May 21, 2016, 1:43:39 PM5/21/16
to rowhammer-discuss
Hello,

I have tested three different Laptops, which all seems not to be vulnerable against rowhammering. (Single and double-sided hammering mentioned here.)

As stated in the blogpost ``Exploiting the DRAM rowhammer bug to gain kernel privileges'' there were 15 ot of 29 tested Laptops vulnerable against Rowhammering.
This is not representative, but as time goes I was pretty sure that the count of found-vulnerable laptops would increase.

Since I expected to find at least one vulnerable Laptop, I asked myself how reliable the rowhammer test is.
My tested devices are unlikely to be protected against Rowhammer via a reduced refresh rate or so, but I could not find any further informations on this.

All devices are running a modern Linux, but I am not aware of any mitigation except prohibiting the access to /proc/pagemap for unprivileged users.

Are there any advices on how to test? Am I doing something wrong or am I just lucky with my devices?

It would also be very helpful to have a compiled list (maybe unofficial) of vulnerable devices? Is there any available?

Best Regards,
Damian