Switch Icon does not update

Pradeep Datta

Nov 15, 2020, 10:06:18 AM11/15/20
to Routix
I am using the switch icon to switch a light, using sub and pub
cmnd/tasmota2/POWER

When I switch using only the app, the icon of course changes accordingly, but when I switch the light by some other means (Tasmota web console or the switch on the Gosund that I am switching, then the icon does not change accoringly. Any way that I can make the app recognise change of status and update the icon accordingly?

Thanks for the wonderful and easy to use app!!

Routix.net

Nov 16, 2020, 5:54:00 AM11/16/20
to Routix
This means that your phone/tablet does not receive update packet.
If app receives such packet, status will be updated.

Pradeep Datta

Nov 16, 2020, 6:07:15 AM11/16/20
to Routix
For pub, I am using
cmnd/tasmota2/POWER

For sub, I tried using
cmnd/tasmota2/POWER
but also
stat/tasmota2/POWER

and lot of other combinations, nothing worked unfortunately.

Thomas Zeisluft

Nov 29, 2020, 9:31:01 AM11/29/20
to Routix
stat/tasmota2/POWER  works for me.

The payload should be ON and OFF .

br, Thomas

Pradeep Datta

Nov 29, 2020, 9:50:23 AM11/29/20
to rou...@googlegroups.com
I think I know the mistake. I think the problem was that the broker was not set to Retain. When the client is switched on after the the switching takes place, there is no way for the client to know the status. I have now switched the Broker to Retain [true] and a newly switched client now finds the status. Problem solved.

Virenfrei. www.avast.com