Use json data on another sub topic to trigger built-in flashing function

Greg McAuliffe

Jun 12, 2020, 12:17:21 AM6/12/20
to Routix
Cool program!

I'm trying to compare the current temperature from one of my probes the set point value and use the built-in flash function if the temp is higher.

I can successfully subscribe and read topic/JSON/ATTIC no problem (reading attic temperature).  I would like to use the flash function to trigger if val > set point.  When I set the flash test field to 'val > $.SETPOINT' I get a ReferenceError: "S" is not defined.  I've tried using absolute addressing (/JSON/SETPOINT, atticb7/JSON/SETPOINT) and everything I can think of.  Anyone have an idea what I need to do to extract the val in the SETPOINT field?  The app processes the SETPOINT value no problem otherwise.  Is it not possible to "walk up" the subtopic tree?

TIA!