rftest2 mininet problem

illlusioner77367

Feb 21, 2016, 3:08:45 AM2/21/16
to RouteFlow
Hello everyone, I am having some new problems.

I try the steps in rftest2 and everything looks fine, I check the mongo table in routeflow and find the mapping association is active.

Using wireshark I can find that the eth0 in every mininet host can get the OSPDF hello package, so I believe that Routeflow is working fine.

But the problem come when I try to ping each other, the icmp package only send inside loopback. Every host's eth0 doesn't send out any icmp package, and the ping shows destination host unreachable error, which is strange.
I also check the routing table of the mininet host and find that the routing table routes 172.31.1.0 packages to eth0, but for some reasons, it doesn't work.

So I would like to what solution to solve this kind of problem, or what environment to run the rftest2.

The host os I use is ubuntu 14.04 and the guest os is ubuntu 12.04 32 bit.

The mininet I use is version 2.2.1.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

illlusioner77367

Feb 21, 2016, 11:10:43 AM2/21/16
to RouteFlow
Nevermind I find the problem may be at other places, will try to solve it first.

illlusioner77367

Feb 22, 2016, 8:36:39 AM2/22/16
to RouteFlow
Sorry to disrupt everyone again.

I guess I find the problem but I kinda have no idea why it occurs.

I try to log into each rfvmA, rfvmB,rfvmC, rfvmD, and found out that I can not ping each other's gateway.

For example if I log into rfvmC(which has 172.31.3.1 in one of the port) and I want to ping rfvmA's port (the ip is 172.31.1.1). The ping complain about network unreachable

But host 172.31.1.100 can ping 172.31.1.1

I guess the problem may be the dp0 ?

Is there anyway to debug the dp0 switch.

Or anyone that successful run rftest2 can share the experience?

me

Feb 22, 2016, 11:18:43 PM2/22/16
to RouteFlow
what's the command for mininet? sudo mn --custom..... may i see?

and what's the output when you write sudo ./rftest2?

illlusioner77367

Feb 23, 2016, 12:39:37 AM2/23/16
to RouteFlow
I use virtualBox to run RouteFlow and add a host only adapter for the routeflow controller

So the mininet command is the same as the github, but the ip address is the VirtualBox host only network adapter's ip address.

The output of the rftest2 is in the following link

http://codepad.org/JdbneQC5

So basically the problem is that routeflow mapped all the port and the switch. But the virtual VM inside only s8 with ip gateway 172.31.4.1 can find it's host and the switches can not ping each other.

me

Feb 23, 2016, 12:51:06 AM2/23/16
to RouteFlow
sorry, i still not understand your problem.
when you tried to pinggall in the mininet, is it working? I mean, the host can ping each other?
or may be there's something wrong with the ipconf?

illlusioner77367

Feb 23, 2016, 5:07:53 AM2/23/16
to RouteFlow
Sorry for late replying.

The host can not ping each other.

ipconfig is ok the routing table of each rfvm looks fine.

I am trying to switch to vandercken branch to try out

Alex Sanxez

May 15, 2016, 2:08:37 PM5/15/16
to RouteFlow
Hello illlusioner77367,

I'm having problems too to make pingall work in rftest2. Did you
found a solution?

Thanks,

Alex

maria merici

May 18, 2016, 6:54:52 AM5/18/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex

Have you set up the configuration for eth1 on your VBox?
I mean when you write eth1 ifconfig, you will see your ip address.
has it already 192.168.56.1?

in rftest2 you will use ip=192.168.56.1 write? i thought it affect the result

Or maybe there's something wrong on your MongoDB?

Alex Sanxez

May 21, 2016, 12:10:07 PM5/21/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Samantha, thanks for the answer!

I'm using two VBox, one for the RouteFlow and the other for the mininet virtual image. Both machines are connected using the  "internal network" I've created  with VBox. So for example my RouteFlow machine has the ip 10.0.1.100 and the mininet machine has 10.0.1.102. I have checked that both machines can exchange information. As you suggest, I also think that the problem it's with the MongoDB, but I don't know what's wrong. For the rftest1 I haven't got any problem, so I don't know what is the issue.

Any clue?

Alex Sanxez

May 21, 2016, 2:02:04 PM5/21/16
to RouteFlow
If this helps:

When I run rftest2 this message appears:

-> Starting the controller and RFPRoxy...
.............Error parsing multitabledps list ''.  Ignored.
rfserver        INFO     List of fastpath attachments: []
rfserver        INFO     Fastpath is disabled
rfserver        INFO     Registering client port as idle (vm_id=0x2a0a0a0a0a0, vm_port=1, eth_addr=02:a1:a1:a1:a1:a1)
rfserver        INFO     Registering client port as idle (vm_id=0x2a0a0a0a0a0, vm_port=2, eth_addr=02:a2:a2:a2:a2:a2)
rfserver        INFO     Registering client port as idle (vm_id=0x2a0a0a0a0a0, vm_port=3, eth_addr=02:a3:a3:a3:a3:a3)
rfserver        INFO     Registering client port as idle (vm_id=0x2a0a0a0a0a0, vm_port=4, eth_addr=02:a4:a4:a4:a4:a4)
instantiating app None of Switches
creating context switches
instantiating app ryu-rfproxy/rfproxy.py of RFProxy
May 21 19:55:31 ryu.app.rfproxy INFO     RFProxy running.
instantiating app ryu.controller.ofp_handler of OFPHandler
-> Starting the control plane network (dp0 VS)...
unsupported version 0x1. If possible, set the switch to use one of the versions [4]
unsupported version 0x1. If possible, set the switch to use one of the versions [4]
unsupported version 0x1. If possible, set the switch to use one of the versions [4]
unsupported version 0x1. If possible, set the switch to use one of the versions [4]
unsupported version 0x1. If possible, set the switch to use one of the versions [4]
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ryu/topology/switches.py:550: UserWarning: Datapath#ports is kept for compatibility with the previous openflow versions (< 1.3). This is not updated by the EventOFPPortStatus message. If you want to be updated, you should use 'ryu.controller.dpset' or 'ryu.topology.switches'.
  for port in dp.ports.values():
/home/tgf/RouteFlow/ryu-rfproxy/rfproxy.py:169: UserWarning: Datapath#ports is kept for compatibility with the previous openflow versions (< 1.3). This is not updated by the EventOFPPortStatus message. If you want to be updated, you should use 'ryu.controller.dpset' or 'ryu.topology.switches'.

And when I close the script (Ctrl+C), it doesn't exit properly and the only thing it does is print dots.

Alex Sanxez

May 22, 2016, 7:23:40 AM5/22/16
to RouteFlow
I saw that it could be problems with the OpenFlow version when using Ryu and mininet. Maybe that's the point. Anybody know about that?

Alex Sanxez

May 22, 2016, 7:59:35 AM5/22/16
to RouteFlow
I found the problem and the solution!

The problem was with the OF version. I forced the mininet switches to use OF 1.3 and know it works me fine.

For those who have the same problem:

1. Run rftest2.
2. Execute in the mininet machine, the command provided in the RouteFlow tutorial.
3. Open a terminal on the mininet machine (I used a ssh connection).
4. Run that command to force each switch to use OF 1.3:
sudo ovs-vsctl set bridge switchname protocols=OpenFlow13   (replace switchname with the bridge name)(in my case s5,s6,s7,s8)
5. Now you an run pingall on the mininet machine.

If someone know a better way to do the same (modifying configuration files or similar), I will appreciate the help.

a18204...@gmail.com

May 22, 2016, 10:39:08 PM5/22/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Alex Sanxez,
I downloaded RouteFlow-vandervecken and ryu-rfproxy-vandervecken,when I run command "sudo ./rftest2 " in RouteFlow, messages "unmapped datapath port (dp_id=xxx,port_id=xxx)" are always printed and hosts cannot ping each other. Do you ever meet such problem ? What's branch of RouteFlow and ryu-rfproxy you use ? Do you use Ubuntu12.04 ?
I will be appreciate if you are willing to help me.
在 2016年5月22日星期日 UTC+8下午7:59:35,Alex Sanxez写道:

Alex Sanxez

May 25, 2016, 1:16:40 AM5/25/16
to RouteFlow
Hello,

I'm using a 64bit Ubuntu 14.04. The unmapped messages also appears in my case. I think that's normal. The flow messages with actions appears when I run the mininet topology, not earlier.
The Ryu branch I have is the one is cloned by the RouteFlow build script (I think is vandervecken).

To run mininet I modified the command to specify that the OF protocol I want to use is 1.3. To do this add to the command provided this line:

--switch ovs,protocols=OpenFlow13

I hope that helped you ;)

a18204...@gmail.com

May 25, 2016, 7:06:06 AM5/25/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Alex Sanxez,

Thank you for the reply. I will try to use 64bit Ubuntu 14.04.

best regards !

在 2016年5月25日星期三 UTC+8下午1:16:40,Alex Sanxez写道:

a18204...@gmail.com

May 25, 2016, 10:12:15 AM5/25/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Alex Sanxez,

I used 64bit Ubuntu 14.04 and downloaded routeflow-vandervecken. I did the following command:

cd routeflow
sudo ./build.sh -c -z

All seems did well. But it did not git clone Ryu. So I installed Ryu2.0 manually.

then I run " sudo ./rftest2 " after "sudo ./create" and start mininnet with command " sudo mn --custom mininet/custom/topo-4sw-4host.py --topo=rftest2 --switch ovs,protocols=OpenFlow13 --controller=remote,ip=xxx,port=6633 --pre=ipconf "

the result is as the pictures show:

hosts can not ping each other yet. Which detail do I miss ? I will be appreciate if you can help me!

best regards!

在 2016年5月25日星期三 UTC+8下午1:16:40,Alex Sanxez写道:
Hello,

Alex Sanxez

May 25, 2016, 1:59:54 PM5/25/16
to RouteFlow
Hello again! ;)

To install ryu with the script you must run this:

./build.sh -ci ryu

I don't know if this will solve your problem.

The first and third image you have posted looks like me.

I modified the rftest2 script, replacing "lxc-shutdown" with "lxc-stop", because shutdown is deprecated in the last LXC version.

best regards!

Message has been deleted

a18204...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 3:45:02 AM5/26/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Alex Sanxez,

I did as you told me. It installed ryu-4.2, the newest version for ryu. The problem in the second image I posted above was gone. But still the first and last images happened. hosts can

not ping each other. I think there maybe some problems in the Mongodb. But I haven't any idea to solve the problems.

overall ,thank you for help!

best regards!

在 2016年5月26日星期四 UTC+8上午1:59:54,Alex Sanxez写道:

Alex Sanxez

May 26, 2016, 1:05:06 PM5/26/16
to RouteFlow
How do you use mininet? I mean, you have a virtual machine with mininet?

If this can help you: I run RouteFlow and mininet in two different virtual machines with VirtualBox. Then I connect both machines with an internal network.

That's all I can help you :(

I hope someone can help you to solve your problem.

Best regards!

Alex

a18204...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 9:12:43 PM5/26/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Alex Sanxez

I git clone mininet on Ubuntu 14.04 ( with VMware Workstation )which is hosted by computer A. The Ubuntu's eth0 is "10.108.97.71" . RouteFlow is installed on another Ubuntu 14.04

( with VMware Workstation ) which is hosted by computer B. The Ubuntu's eth0 is "10.108.97.136".  My two different computer connect the campues network whose network segment is

10.108.97.0/24”. The two Ubuntu system select bridge mode to achieve IP.

Should I transfer into VirtualBox?

Best regards !
在 2016年5月27日星期五 UTC+8上午1:05:06,Alex Sanxez写道:

Alex Sanxez

May 28, 2016, 10:18:49 AM5/28/16
to RouteFlow
Sorry I don't know :(

I have both virtual machines in the same computer, both connected by an internal network.

I don't know how to do in your case.

a18204...@gmail.com

May 29, 2016, 9:26:09 PM5/29/16
to RouteFlow
Never mind. Thank you for your reply!

best regards!

在 2016年5月28日星期六 UTC+8下午10:18:49,Alex Sanxez写道:

maria merici

May 30, 2016, 12:10:59 AM5/30/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alex,

sorry i just opened my inbox and can't help your problem, we're so gratefull you've solved it right.

with the fullstop prints, i also do it manually, by type these command in the terminal:
$ sudo lxc-stop -n [rfvm's name]

Hello a18204318104..

what do you mean with "transfer into virtualbox"?

I have seen your pircture with RFVS, RFProxy error,
I think you got wrong when installed the dependencies or something about your RouteFlow machine.
May be with the controller you used.
Have you tried to re-install it?

a18204...@gmail.com

May 30, 2016, 4:06:59 AM5/30/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Samantha,

I mean that I transfer to use VirtualBox , not VMware Workstation.

with the command: "sudo ./build.sh -c -z ", it fetch the dependencies automatically, and I installed the dependecies as the README.md wirte manually:
sudo apt-get install build-essential git libboost-dev \
  libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
  libboost-filesystem-dev iproute-dev openvswitch-switch \
  mongodb python-pymongo
I installed ryu2.0 before,it doesn't work. Then I pip install ryu and version for ryu is 4.2. It also doesn't work.

I will be appreciate if you can help me!

best regards!

在 2016年5月30日星期一 UTC+8下午12:10:59,Samantha写道:

zhiwei Pan

May 30, 2016, 4:36:20 AM5/30/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Samantha,

could you share me with the progress of how you install RouteFlow ?

thank you!

在 2016年5月30日星期一 UTC+8下午4:06:59,zhiwei Pan写道:

maria merici

May 30, 2016, 11:11:32 AM5/30/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hello zhiwei pan,

Im using virtualbox 4.0.4 and the Operating system is Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS 32 bit

It's not up to date, i use the old version of the Vbox and also ubuntu, but it works.

the RAM i setting 12 MB, memory 40.22 GB

Network adapter 1 NAT, adapter 2 host Host only adapter

You can search for how to install ubuntu on your Vbox
res
i use this link to install routeflow    ->>> https://github.com/CPqD/RouteFlow

The RouteFlow support OpenFlow 1.0, As i know, it's already include in the dependencies installation

Just follow the instruction and you can ask me if you found something confused with the installation on that website i shared.

for the rftest2, as i know you should setting the ethernet1 and configure it as xxx.xxx.xx.x as the IP address you use to call the mininet custom

and you have to move the file ipconf and topo-4sw-4host from routeflow folder TO:
ipconf -> folder Home and topo....->mininet/custom

zhiwei Pan

May 30, 2016, 10:59:21 PM5/30/16
to RouteFlow
Hello Samantha,

The openflow controller you use is Pox or Ryu ? I now want to use Ryu because I need OpenFlow 1.3.

I have installed the RouteFlow with Pox successfully, but failed in RouteFlow with Ryu.

在 2016年5月30日星期一 UTC+8下午11:11:32,Samantha写道:

maria merici

May 31, 2016, 1:18:52 AM5/31/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hello zhiwei Pan.

oh, I'm sorry. I don't know that you only want to use Ryu Controller.

I used POX Controller with OpenFlow 1.0,

i don't know how to use Ryu. i thought before that you just want to run rftest2, then i tell you about mine that used POX.

maria merici

May 31, 2016, 6:34:08 AM5/31/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for interupt. I want to ask out of topic.

I make a topology with mininet, with 2 AS with BGP and OSPF.

But i got the result of pingall, it's just always 10% dropped (3/30).

Do you know what possibility cause the dropped pingall?

zhiwei Pan

May 31, 2016, 8:45:08 AM5/31/16
to RouteFlow
I guess it's because the TTL of some ICMP packets decrease to 0. I am not sure .

在 2016年5月31日星期二 UTC+8下午6:34:08,Samantha写道:

maria merici

May 31, 2016, 9:13:42 AM5/31/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi thankyou for your answer.

Or can it because the "hops or amount of routers" passed by the PING packet, that make the echo reply from destination isn't arrived at the sender?

zhiwei Pan

May 31, 2016, 8:57:33 PM5/31/16
to RouteFlow
Hi Samantha,

yes, maybe

在 2016年5月31日星期二 UTC+8下午9:13:42,Samantha写道:

晨 What

Aug 22, 2016, 7:56:27 AM8/22/16
to RouteFlow
Hi Pan,

Can I ask how you can run Routeflow on Ubuntu 14.04?

在 2016年5月25日星期三 UTC+2下午4:12:15,zhiwei Pan写道:

zhiwei Pan

Nov 17, 2016, 8:25:38 PM11/17/16
to RouteFlow
hello,

I'm sorry that i did not succeed in running RouteFlow on Ubuntu 14.04.

在 2016年8月22日星期一 UTC+8下午7:56:27,Whatchen写道:

Manjunath A

Nov 18, 2016, 12:18:30 AM11/18/16
to RouteFlow
Hi From where i have to download routeflow software , plz let me know the procedure.

Manjunath A

Nov 18, 2016, 12:20:40 AM11/18/16
to RouteFlow
Hi, is that we have to create virtual machine for routeflow and mininet seperate

maria merici

Nov 18, 2016, 3:31:08 AM11/18/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,I think the routeflow and mininet are in one virtual machine, but different tab or windows.

Sorry for interrupt. I wanna ask. Do you know which company use Software Defined Network Technology?

Max

Nov 21, 2016, 3:42:22 AM11/21/16
to RouteFlow
Hi Samantha, Thanks for your answer

 I have two mininet networks i.e two VMs , each has one mininet
 network(with 1 controller, 1 switch and 1 host).
  I just want to connect these networks using RouteFlow so that I may show
 my advisor some OSPF/BGP functionality along with the openflow protocol.
  As mininet just provides simple_router which doesn't have OSPF
 functionality.
  I want to use RouteFlow between two mininet networks so that OSPF/BGP
 functionality exists  in my Enterprise Network.

One of known company uses SDN Technology is HP !!!

Chu KaiHui

Nov 21, 2016, 10:30:12 PM11/21/16
to RouteFlow
I think the main problem is the version of the OVS.

Mininet in Ubuntu 12.04 will initially install OVS version 1.4.6 which has a port number mapping problem.

The problem will cause the wrong mapping between interface and port on each switch which leads to wrong interface connection resulting in pingall failure.

Therefore, the solution to this problem is just to upgrade the OVS version to 2.0.2 manually so that the pingall failure will be perfectly figured out.

On Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 4:08:45 PM UTC+8, illlusioner77367 wrote:
[...]

maria merici

Nov 26, 2016, 10:42:11 AM11/26/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Manju.

Oh you wanna connect two mininet (then it'll be 2 controllers, right?) with OSPF / BGP routing protocol (using routeflow).

Have you done with it? Have you finished it?

I have tried to simulate OSPF and BGP using routeflow but it used 1 mininet network (with 1 controller, a few switches, and a few hosts).
But in mininet network, there's two difference networks that it's connected by ospf/bgp (using route flow).
So I'm not connect 2 networks in difference mininet, but in 1 mininet, by setting in which network that the switch should be in.

May I know, you made this SDN just for your own hobby/ your job projects/ your task in university?

Owh, HP? Do you know, does HP in Indonesia used SDN? Could we work on HP just because we have knowledge about SDN?

Thank you!

Kavish Amlani

Nov 26, 2016, 12:31:18 PM11/26/16
to RouteFlow
Hi Samantha

I am not able to ping the hosts after implementing rftest2. I want to make sure what IP address should I enter on the mininet command. I am entering 127.0.0.1.

MIninet and RouteFlow are installed in the same virtual machine. So what should be my command on mininet window in the rftest2 ??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanking you

Kavish

Chu KaiHui

Nov 28, 2016, 10:05:17 PM11/28/16
to RouteFlow
Hi Kavish,

This is the command you should enter on mininet window
sudo mn --custom mininet/custom/topo-4sw-4host.py --topo=rftest2 --controller=remote,ip=127.0.0.1,port=6633 --pre=ipconf
Be sure to find the right location of both topo-4sw-4host.py and ipconf.

If rftest2 still doesn't work, try the solution about OVS version bug I post above.

Mininet and RouteFlow installed in the same VM is ok.

Hope this can help you. Good luck

Chu

maria merici

Nov 29, 2016, 5:57:39 AM11/29/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kavish.
Try this.
1. Start the rftest2 with these command:
$ cd RouteFlow/rftest
$ sudo ./rftest2

2. In a new tab, back to home direction and write this command to start the topology mininet:
$ cd ..
$ cd ..
sudo mn --custom mininet/custom/topo-4sw-4host.py --topo=rftest2 --controller=remote,ip=192.168.56.1,port=6633 –pre=ipconf
(But you have to make sure that the file that named "topo-4sw-4host.py" are in that directory mininet /custom.)

OR may be before it you have to makae sure about the ip addres of your ethernet in the VM.

First, Add and configure the eth1
File, Preferences > Network, edit host-only network.
Insert adapter setting:
-IPv4 Address: 192.168.56.1 and IPv4 Netmask: 255.255.255.0,
-DHCP Server by checklist the Enable Server,
-Server Address: 192.168.56.100, Server Mask: 255.255.255.0,
-Lower Address Bound: 192.168.56.101, and Upper Address Bound: 192.168.56.254.

Then...
Setting > Network
In adapter 1, checklist the Enable Network Adapter with attached to NAT,
In adapter 2, checklist the Enable Network Adapter with attached to Host-Only adapter, with named virtualbox host only ehternet adapter as written at the step before.

Then....
write this command on the terminal:
$ sudo gedit /etc/network/interfaces

Then gedit will show up and write this in gedit for interfaces configuration:
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
# The NAT interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
# host-only interface
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.56.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

Then check in the terminal for what you've wrote, by type this command:
$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

Then check ip eth1
$ ifconfig eth1

But if the IP still 192.168.56.101. Then you've to write these in the Terminal:
$ sudo su
# ifdown eth1 && ifup eth1
# dhclient eth1
# ifconfig eth1

Then make sure that file that named "ipconf" that first in the folder RouteFlow/rftest, moved it to folder Home.
And also for the file that named "topo-4sw-4host.py" that first in the folder RouteFlow/rftest, should be moved to folder mininet/custom.

And then if you've finished, try the bold 1 and bold 2 in my first step that i've written.

I hope it works!

And please tell me if it's working yeah!

GBU :)

Kavish Amlani

Nov 29, 2016, 4:45:35 PM11/29/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I have tried above methods but I still ping the hosts. I am able to ping hosts to switches and the switches are able to ping each other. I am not able to ping one host to another host.

what should I do. Please help me out.

Thanking you

Kavish Amlani

Chu KaiHui

Nov 30, 2016, 12:48:45 AM11/30/16
to RouteFlow
Hi, Kavish

I think maybe you adjust some setting so that it doesn't work.

If it is OK for you to reinstall RouteFlow again, the following is my step to install it.

Step 1: Install Ubuntu 12.04 in Virtualbox
Step 2: Install RouteFlow just like the tutorial (Building part in this link: https://github.com/CPqD/RouteFlow/blob/master/README.md )
Step 3: Install Mininet (1)git clone git://github.com/mininet/mininet (2)sudo ./mininet/util/install.sh -a   (You can use command to check if Mininet is installed correctly.  command: sudo mn --test pingall)
Step 4: Update OVS version to 2.0.2 manually (Use command to check if the OVS version is updated correctly. command: sudo ovs-vsctl show)

The procedure of executing RouteFlow is as following.

Step 1: Run RouteFlow (under rftest folder type this command: sudo ./rftest2)
Step 2: Run Mininet (Make sure the right location of topo-4sw-4host.py and ipconf. command: sudo mn --custom mininet/custom/topo-4sw-4host.py --topo=rftest2 --controller=remote,ip=127.0.0.1,port=6633 --pre=ipconf)

There is nothing else I adjust to make RouteFlow work except for OVS version.
Then the pingall command in Mininet should work.

Whether you succeed or not please let me know.

Hope it can help you. Good luck.

Chu

Max

Dec 1, 2016, 3:04:49 AM12/1/16
to RouteFlow
Hi ,

I tried this i am unable to connect controller its not reflcting in UI.

root@mininet-vm:/home/mininet# sudo mn --custom mininet/custom/topo-4sw-4host.py --topo=rftest2 --controller=remote,ip=127.0.0.1,port=6633 --pre=ipconf
*** Creating network
*** Adding controller
Unable to contact the remote controller at 127.0.0.1:6633
*** Adding hosts:
h1 h2 h3 h4
*** Adding switches:
s5 s6 s7 s8
*** Adding links:
(h1, s5) (h2, s6) (h3, s7) (h4, s8) (s5, s6) (s5, s8) (s6, s8) (s7, s5) (s8, s7)
*** Configuring hosts
h1 h2 h3 h4
*** Starting CLI:
*** Starting controller
c0
*** Starting 4 switches
s5 s6 s7 s8 ...
*** Starting CLI:
mininet>

Chu KaiHui

Dec 1, 2016, 3:32:46 AM12/1/16
to RouteFlow
Hi, Max

Did you run Routeflow first? (Command: ./rftest2)
Or Routeflow didn't run properly?
If it still doesn't work, you may have to post the print screen of the Routeflow UI.

Although this is not the main reason why you can not connect to the controller, I want to mention is the file ipconf really in mininet folder?

Hope it can help you. Good luck.

Chu

Max

Dec 1, 2016, 3:44:31 AM12/1/16
to RouteFlow
Hi samantha,

I am working on l2,l3 routing/switching protocols its my profession.

I also tried with 1mininet and 1controller but unable to reflect in UI controller.

I run the rftest1 and rftest2 both get succeed, when i I tried this i am unable to connect controller its not reflcting in UI(http://127.0.0.1:6633/index.html#/topology)

root@mininet-vm:/home/mininet# sudo mn --custom mininet/custom/topo-4sw-4host.
py --topo=rftest2 --controller=remote,ip=127.0.0.1,port=6633 --pre=ipconf
*** Creating network
*** Adding controller
Unable to contact the remote controller at 127.0.0.1:6633
*** Adding hosts:
h1 h2 h3 h4
*** Adding switches:
s5 s6 s7 s8
*** Adding links:
(h1, s5) (h2, s6) (h3, s7) (h4, s8) (s5, s6) (s5, s8) (s6, s8) (s7, s5) (s8, s7)
*** Configuring hosts
h1 h2 h3 h4
*** Starting CLI:
*** Starting controller
c0
*** Starting 4 switches
s5 s6 s7 s8 ...
*** Starting CLI:
mininet>

What should i do ?

maria merici

Dec 1, 2016, 9:56:59 AM12/1/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manju.

What do you mean with "unable to connect controller its not reflcting in UI"?

Is it like this >> Unable to contact the remote controller at 127.0.0.1:6633 ?????????

Hmm I've done with that problem too before.

Have you set up the configuration for eth1 on your VBox?
I mean when you write eth1 ifconfig, you will see your ip address.
has it already 127.0.0.1? (I did it, but ip i used is: 192.168.56.1)

in rftest2 you will use ip=127.0.0.1 right? i thought it will affect your result.

The step is same as what i told to you in my long message before.

.....Owh really? did you work in HP? May I know where do you come from? :D
Owh is it your profession? Cool! Oh l2,l3 are layer2,layer3? Owh may I asked, Is your job should be done with routeflow?

Thank you..

Kavish Amlani

Dec 1, 2016, 3:50:47 PM12/1/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maria

I upgraded the OVS version manually now. I am still able to ping the hosts. I noticed that when the command sudo ./rftest2 is executed, the mongodb client is not able to connect to host controller 127.0.0.1. It shows that the connection is failed.

Please help me out.

Thanking you

Kavish Amlani

Chu KaiHui

Dec 5, 2016, 1:54:25 AM12/5/16
to RouteFlow
Hi, Kavish

If it is OK for you, I truly suggest you restart again.
Beacause I have tested twice from starting installing ubuntu 12.04, RouteFlow, Mininet, and upgrading OVS version to 2.0.2 to succeeding pingall in Mininet.
Files in attach are the print screens of both RouteFlow and Mininet windows.

Hope it can help you.

Chu
screenshot_20161205_144153.png
screenshot_20161205_144207.png
screenshot_20161205_144318.png
screenshot_20161205_144342.png

maria merici

Dec 7, 2016, 4:11:07 AM12/7/16
to routeflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kavish.

So the problem is " the mongodb client is not able to connect to host controller 127.0.0.1."??
But when it is not able to connect, but it still success to ping all, right?
Yeps my opinion is you have to restart, do it from starting the rftest2.

Or am i wrong, what do you mean by it is not able to connect to host controller ? what's written in the result?
Is it similar with this?
"MongoDB shell version: 2.0.4
connecting to: db
false"

Or

"Error: couldn't connect to server 127.0.0.1:27017 at src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:145
exception: connect failed"?

Hmm...
may be you can try these (but i don't know which one make yours works):

sudo service mongod stop
sudo service mongodb stop
sudo rm /var/lib/mongodb/mongod.lock
sudo mongod --repair --dbpath /var/lib/mongodb
sudo mongod --fork --logpath /var/lib/mongodb/mongodb.log --dbpath /var/lib/mongodb
sudo service mongodb start

sudo rm /var/lib/mongodb/mongod.lock
sudo service mongodb restart
I hope it can help you.