Mongodb concurrency bottleneck of routeflow

Whatchen

Sep 30, 2016, 5:37:17 AM9/30/16
to RouteFlow
Hi everyone,

I am doing some scale test on Routeflow. Currently, I found that the bottleneck for large scale network is MongoDB.

I test a linear topology with 29 switches (S1-S2-S3-....-S25-S26), OSPF only.

I run test in VMworkstation Pro 12 with Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz * 8 core

MemTotal:       10939476 kB

MongoDB version : 2.4

The route table is successfully established on rfvm but ping cannot reach destiny.

I check the mongotop, mongostat and iostat and found the query latency is always 10000ms+ so I think it is because concurrency of MongoDB overloads the CPU.

I am wondering if there is any solution to solve this to reduce the hardware requirement of routeflow.

Max

Nov 21, 2016, 3:18:42 AM11/21/16
to RouteFlow
What is the command line which you entered on routeflow to test OSPF ?

Whatchen

Nov 21, 2016, 6:16:47 AM11/21/16
to RouteFlow
An automatic script. Otherwise, build 29 switches will take days.

在 2016年11月21日星期一 UTC+1上午9:18:42,Max写道: