Sound Off: Starship Troopers The Movie

Wolfblade

Oct 3, 2007, 1:57:43 PM10/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Here you can discuss everything you loved and hated about the trigger
happy 1997 adaptation of Starship Troopers.

Lunaofeve

Oct 3, 2007, 2:08:28 PM10/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
lets not forget starship troppers 2 and the upcoming nuber 3..... thas
right not only did they make a bad moive once but three times.

i have to say the only part of this moive i did see what the horabbly
bad sex tape of a scene that was almost the whole move

if you guys want a good laugh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=godFPmu3_gs) Carman the recurtment hussy

Wolfblade

Oct 3, 2007, 2:58:55 PM10/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
I love the ST: Greatest Movie Ever Made short! Absolutly hilarious.
One thing I've learned is you really can't line the book, the series,
and the movies up alongside one another and judge. You have to take
each of them as a standalone. The book was a masterpiece, and
Roughnecks rulz, no doubt about it. Still, ST1 grew on me. Yeah, it's
dumb, and the acting ain't worth crap (the freakin FedNet broadcast
were so cheesy that I wanted to shoot myself, LOL). But it was
essentially a movie about running around blowing the crap out of bugs,
so I consider it a fun, low brainpower movie. ST2 really wasn't that
bad, I've certainly seen alot worse. ST2 had such a low budget that I
judge it more as if it were an independent film rather than a major
studio production.

Personally, I'm looking foward to ST3. Yeah, we get Casper Van Dien
again, but his acting skill has gotten better over the years (on the
upside, NO CARMEN!). But what really has me interested is that I hear
they're planning to use power armor (possibly taken directly from
Roughnecks). The film is also supposed to actually have an intelligent
plot, partially focusing on the reermergence of faith in the
Federation in an era when religion had long been relagated to history.
This should be interesting.

Wolfblade

Oct 3, 2007, 5:48:31 PM10/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
By the way, did I mention that Paul Ver-moron will have NOTHING to do
with ST3?

Lunaofeve

Oct 3, 2007, 8:40:38 PM10/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
the so bad it's good pehom....i can say i will ever like the moive,
i'm not a fan of needless violence so that gets rid of most of the
movie as to the other two i just can bing myself to promote them with
the roughnecks still undone

Wolfblade

Oct 3, 2007, 10:21:43 PM10/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies