Off Topic Stuff

Wolfblade

Aug 28, 2007, 3:43:03 PM8/28/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
By reading the title I bet you have no idea what this thread is for...

Dizzy

Aug 29, 2007, 6:12:41 PM8/29/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
I like cheese...

Tphai

Aug 29, 2007, 10:59:51 PM8/29/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
CHEESE CAKE!

Wolfblade

Aug 29, 2007, 11:18:02 PM8/29/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
You're not gonna believe this. When I opened this page and saw your
comment, an ad had popped up on the right side of this page about free
chesecake...

(hysterical laughter)

On Aug 29, 10:59 pm, Tphai <Helipilot...@tds.net> wrote:
> CHEESE CAKE!

Dizzy

Aug 30, 2007, 3:02:17 AM8/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Cheese cake good...^_^

Dizzy

Aug 30, 2007, 3:03:39 AM8/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Ohh, cheese cake recipes!!!

On Aug 30, 3:02 am, Dizzy <pirate_qu...@md.metrocast.net> wrote:
> Cheese cake good...^_^

Lunaofeve

Aug 30, 2007, 9:46:06 AM8/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Bleh i hate cheese cake :( and that chery stuf

Tphai

Aug 30, 2007, 12:42:09 PM8/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
you know whats good
Lemon Marang Pie!

Dizzy

Aug 30, 2007, 12:49:07 PM8/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Never had it. How good is it?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Dizzy

Aug 31, 2007, 4:05:43 PM8/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
I like donuts too...

Wild Magic

Aug 31, 2007, 11:14:06 PM8/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Cheese cake is good and so is lemon meringue, but I'm more of a banana
cream pie girl myself.

Wolfblade

Sep 1, 2007, 12:14:05 AM9/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Coconut Cream Pie...'nuff said.

Dizzy

Sep 1, 2007, 12:30:31 AM9/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Boston Cream Dounts! *drools*

Tphai

Sep 3, 2007, 12:24:14 AM9/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
face cream

Wolfblade

Sep 3, 2007, 5:36:22 PM9/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
LOL

On Sep 3, 12:24 am, Tphai <Helipilot...@tds.net> wrote:
> face cream

Lunaofeve

Sep 4, 2007, 10:31:12 AM9/4/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
we need fav, quote thread, can anyone make a new thread?

On Sep 3, 5:36 pm, Wolfblade <wolfbl...@md.metrocast.net> wrote:
> LOL
>
> On Sep 3, 12:24 am, Tphai <Helipilot...@tds.net> wrote:
>

> > face cream- Hide quoted text -

Wolfblade

Sep 4, 2007, 1:33:01 PM9/4/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Yeah, I can set up some new threads. Exactly what kinds did you want?

Wolfblade

Sep 7, 2007, 12:34:37 AM9/7/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
By the way Luna, you've repeatadly requested fan fiction. Exactly what
kind where you looking for? Did you want fics specifically about the
Roughnecks, or just anything that's "in universe"?

Lunaofeve

Sep 7, 2007, 7:47:01 AM9/7/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i'm a big contuation fan, we have about 3 writers trying to finish the
show but life seems to get in the way. i'm a big Cannon girl myself
but anything other then Yaoi (hurts my poor little head), would be
great i can beta since i have no spelling or grammer skill but i would
be more then happy to talk roughnecks with anyone
Message has been deleted

Lunaofeve

Sep 7, 2007, 1:10:46 PM9/7/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
well i am will to help in anyway i can.

On Sep 7, 8:20 am, Wolfblade <wolfbl...@md.metrocast.net> wrote:
> Well, I'm not going anywhere. This board won't ever really die since I
> monitor it regularly, so I'll always be here to talk to. (At least for
> a while. Hopefully by late next year I'll be off to Navy boot.)
>
> Anyway, I'll admit I'm not a very good fic writer. I'm more of a
> technical writer, writing "accounts" after the fact. (You should see
> the backstory I wrote for my Warhammer 40,000army. Yes, I'm a nerd.
> Some of the units are directly based on Roughnecks.That just shows how
> messed up I am.) Still, I'll probably take a shot at the fanfic
> anyway.

> > > Roughnecks, or just anything that's "in universe"?- Hide quoted text -

Wolfblade

Sep 9, 2007, 9:56:52 PM9/9/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Anyway, I'm hoping I didn't appear too wierd with that last post (I
was being sarcastic about the 40K thing). In any case, I was thinking
about maybe doing a prequel fic; about when Razak, Redwing, and Zim
served together. Any suggestions?

Lunaofeve

Sep 10, 2007, 1:03:19 AM9/10/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
hmm, they are not my deal but it would be intrsting to do them in
boot, and end with pestcontrol.

Wolfblade

Sep 10, 2007, 1:08:21 PM9/10/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Yeah, but for that to work Pest Control would have had to taken place
years before the series starts, and Razak and Redwing were just
becoming officers then (it would have taken Redwing years to make
General even on a fast track). Surely the three must have seen combat
service as enlisted men, but where? Trouble spots on Earth perhaps?

> > served together. Any suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Lunaofeve

Sep 11, 2007, 1:22:58 PM9/11/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
from my understanding there is a 10 year gap between the 2 wars.
razac became a green lt at the onstart and lost his arm befor creating
the Roughencks as we know it

Wolfblade

Sep 11, 2007, 1:29:42 PM9/11/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Do you know how long OPC lasted?

Lunaofeve

Sep 11, 2007, 3:52:33 PM9/11/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i think about a year, the show runs for about 2 years

Wolfblade

Sep 26, 2007, 5:15:12 PM9/26/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Anybody home?

Lunaofeve

Sep 29, 2007, 10:57:40 AM9/29/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
yup, but i think the others are sleeping

On Sep 26, 5:15 pm, Wolfblade <wolfbl...@md.metrocast.net> wrote:
> Anybody home?

Wild Magic

Sep 30, 2007, 7:10:31 PM9/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies

*cracks an eye open* Well that was a fun nap. Anyone got anything new?

Lunaofeve

Oct 1, 2007, 9:18:27 PM10/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
got told by a guy that used to work on the show that it would take
500k to make one episode, and that we are out of luck

i said, we can still hope and dream, and untill then FANFICTION

Wolfblade

Oct 3, 2007, 2:43:05 PM10/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Yeah, it sucks. I'd pretty much given up hope of them ever finishing
the series since Sony considers their contract fuffilled. I do have a
scheme that might have a chance of getting us something just as good,
but it's a long shot.

Lunaofeve

Oct 4, 2007, 9:53:53 AM10/4/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i would be happy with just knowing what happend, the script or
somthing anything

Wolfblade

Oct 4, 2007, 1:43:13 PM10/4/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
You and me both. I heard that the voice overs had been recorded, but
were never animated. If sony would just realease the "story boards"
with the audio, then we'd know what happens. Heck, if we had the audio
we could probably recruit a team to animate (cg or 2d) it ourselves.
(Though I imagine Sony would be pretty pissed.)

Lunaofeve

Oct 4, 2007, 10:24:00 PM10/4/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i hear lawsut but it might be worth it...mabe not

Wolfblade

Oct 5, 2007, 3:28:09 AM10/5/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Well (I'm talking theoretical here) if "we" negotiated (i.e. get a
really good lawyer) with Sony and established the fact we wern't
planning on making any money off of it, they might sanction (or at
least allow) it.

> > (Though I imagine Sony would be pretty pissed.)- Hide quoted text -

Lunaofeve

Oct 6, 2007, 1:02:25 AM10/6/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
it would cost a lot to just get seen

Lunaofeve

Oct 6, 2007, 1:05:37 AM10/6/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
oh and razakes qoute is an old famuse quote i think from gallaleo or
somthing

Wolfblade

Oct 6, 2007, 9:19:46 PM10/6/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
So I'd heard, I was just posting what I'd found on Google.

Lunaofeve

Oct 7, 2007, 8:46:39 AM10/7/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
<(''<) <( '' )> (>'')>

Wolfblade

Oct 7, 2007, 10:55:22 PM10/7/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
????

Lunaofeve

Oct 7, 2007, 11:22:26 PM10/7/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i could not think of anything to say so i kirbby danced

Wolfblade

Oct 7, 2007, 11:29:33 PM10/7/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
LOL

Wolfblade

Oct 19, 2007, 12:07:30 AM10/19/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
So am I gonna have to put a toe tag on this site and call it dead, or
are we still in buisness? Anyone?

Lunaofeve

Oct 20, 2007, 11:38:04 AM10/20/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i'm affraid so, really sucks to :( this had a good thing going

Wolfblade

Oct 20, 2007, 9:38:17 PM10/20/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Well hey, we're still here, and in my book that still counts as
activity. I'm not gonna let this site die. I'll try and see what Tphai
is up to. I just sent out two more intivations, so hopefully they
might sign on. There are alot of people out there that like this show,
it's just a matter of publicity for the site. I'll see what I can do
about that. Anyway, as long as you don't plan on bailing on me, we're
still in buisness.

> > are we still in buisness? Anyone?- Hide quoted text -

Lunaofeve

Oct 22, 2007, 4:10:20 PM10/22/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i'm not sure what Tphai is up to talked to him on Aim the other day,
he has fallen off both sights

Wolfblade

Oct 30, 2007, 3:16:42 PM10/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Yeah, he's seems to be pretty busy. Well whatever, we'll still
here. I'd thought I'd go ahead and announce current my fanfic
project(s). The first series I'm working on is called "Roughnecks: A
House Divided". Taking place five years after the show ended, SICON's
officer corps has all but been depleted. In a desperate attempt to
bolster it's ranks, SICON ordered that the most experienced MI squads
be broken up and their members reaasinged as officers; including the
Roughnecks. This was two years after the Battle for Earth. A House
Divided will be a series of short stories chronicling the lives of the
now seperated Roughnecks, called to command troops short on training
and even shorter on hope. In the face of this, some have chosen to
retire, accepting their citizenship and returning home determined to
put the war behind them. Others have risen to the challenge,
commanding their own squads in desperate battles spanning entire
sectors. On the whole these stories while show how the war has changed
the Roughnecks over the years, and the events leading up to their
inevidible reunion.

A second series I'd like to work on is called C.H.A.S.E., a story
about a new experimental CHAS unit that's much more than he seems.
Anyway, let me know what you think. If you like I'd be glad to send
you my drafts whenever they get finished.

Lunaofeve

Oct 31, 2007, 8:20:23 AM10/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
wow sounds really nice, i;'m not much on beta-ing since i cant spell
but i would be honored to help

Lunaofeve

Oct 31, 2007, 8:28:45 AM10/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
oh i forgot to ask, is this going to be rico/dizzy or not deall with
the "relationships" in the show

Wolfblade

Oct 31, 2007, 1:01:07 PM10/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Oh yeah, they'll definatly be "dealing" with their relationships...

Lunaofeve

Oct 31, 2007, 2:59:40 PM10/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
SMUTTY SMUT SMUT SMUT....IT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND

> > the "relationships" in the show- Hide quoted text -

Wolfblade

Oct 31, 2007, 5:36:33 PM10/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
LOL...I knew you were going to say that. ;)

Actually, I think we'll have to worry more about them killing each
other than screwing each other.

Diz has it in for Rico, it'll be explained. :P

Lunaofeve

Oct 31, 2007, 9:58:45 PM10/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! can i get mabe one tinny winnny little
lemon....PLEASE :)

Wolfblade

Oct 31, 2007, 10:14:14 PM10/31/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
(amused chuckle) I'll see what I can do... ;)

Lunaofeve

Nov 1, 2007, 12:35:56 AM11/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
what there are only 2 roughnecks lemons rico/higgins and dizzy/carmen
(from the moive)..........were in the world are all the perverted fan
writers

Wolfblade

Nov 1, 2007, 1:12:57 AM11/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Woops, misread you there, LOL. (Haven't heard that term "lemon" used
in awhile, *smacks forehead*) In that case, sorry, no lemons. I think
alot of potential perverted fanwriters never learned to write, as they
were too busy watching porn vids. Personally it's not my style. While
I'm as much of a fan of flagrant sexuality as the next straight male,
I personally don't feel it does all that much to advance a storyline.
I always felt suggestion and implication were more artistic (and
frankly, less time consuming).

Wolfblade

Nov 1, 2007, 2:01:00 AM11/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Anyway, now that I've made myself sound like a babbeling idiot...

Lunaofeve

Nov 1, 2007, 8:11:57 AM11/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
............wow, i think that just summed up most of my love of
fanfiction......and mabe my life......werid

lol oh well i am happy in my little world of pervertion and wow
playing.

and as long as it is roughnecks i will be happy, i can get my smut fix
from the Inuyasha fangirls

Wolfblade

Nov 1, 2007, 12:59:11 PM11/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
LOL, hey, as long as you're content right?

Anyway, here's a sample from one of the House Divided stories I'm
writing. I'm really my own worst critic, but I'm reasonbly satisfied
with this paragraph.

Roughnecks: A House Divived - A Fury's Tale (EXCERPT)

"Lieutenant Isabelle Flores stood propped up against a tree, taking
a draw off a cigarette that refused to stay lit in the humid jungle
air. Cursing under her breath, she drew a lighter from the pocket of
her fatigues and attempted to relight the smoldering butt. As usual,
no matter how many times she struck the pin, it refused to ignite.
"Damn thing" she swore quietly to herself. Suddenly a golden flame
flickered into existence as the dysfunctional lighter finally
relented. Having relit her cigarette she snapped the lid shut,
pausing for a moment to read the engraving on the nickel case:...)

As you can see, the Roughnecks have gotten rougher in the past few
years...

Lunaofeve

Nov 1, 2007, 2:11:55 PM11/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i can tell, sounds awsome though...going to be a ride that is for sure

i'm really bad at reviewing bits of storys, but i really like the
tone

> > from the Inuyasha fangirls- Hide quoted text -

Wolfblade

Nov 1, 2007, 11:46:20 PM11/1/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
It's going to be a ride just writing it. Right now I'm trying to iron
out a chronology from the original series up to my stories five years
later. That's alot of design work!

A quick diversion off topic: I imagine you've had a chance to look
around the site. Is there anything you think could be changed or
added?

Lunaofeve

Nov 2, 2007, 12:06:48 PM11/2/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
nothing thaat i can think of at the moment, i will let you know though

Wolfblade

Nov 2, 2007, 9:37:18 PM11/2/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Have you ever tried writing Roughnecks fics?

Lunaofeve

Nov 3, 2007, 1:11:32 AM11/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
i cant write, i'm LD like that, i just have a problem geting things
out of my head

Wolfblade

Nov 3, 2007, 1:52:08 AM11/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
I know how you feel. I just recently found the courage to pick up the
pen. I found the best way to learn how to write is to read other
authors' work. If you want to write sci fi short stories, then read
sci fi short stories. Note how they write, how they develope dialogue,
how they switch views between characters, everything. That's how I
started to understand how to write. Another thing I'd reccomend, read
"How To Write Science Fiction That Sells" by Ben Bova. That book has
alot of great info and tips, not just on sci fi but on writing in
general. It's really easy to understand, and it helped me alot.
Learning it ain't easy, but if you put your mind to it, eventually it
starts to make sense.

In any case, writing Roughnecks sequels might not be nessacery. I just
had an epiphany: Mongoose Publishing, the company that makes the
Roughnecks role playing game and miniatures game, bought the rights to
Roughnecks if I'm not mistaken. THEY own it now, not Sony. Which means
if their Roughnecks games and comic books continue to be a commercial
success (as they have been), then Mongoose might feel complled to
release some direct-to-dvd sequels. :)

There may yet be hope!

Lunaofeve

Nov 3, 2007, 9:23:45 AM11/3/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
ALL PRASE MONGOOSE!!!!

i read tons of fanfic from all genras, a lot of what keep me from
writing is from when i was a kid....it just was not safe to write
things down so i have everything in my mind, i could tell you storys
and plots but puting on paper is just not going to happen right now

Wolfblade

Nov 12, 2007, 9:33:12 PM11/12/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Yay! I finally succeded in deleting that damn spam comment. Now I have
to approve all noobie members before they can post, so that shouldn't
happen again.

Lunaofeve

Nov 13, 2007, 8:10:29 AM11/13/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
all hail the Wolfblade!

Wolfblade

Dec 6, 2007, 2:47:02 AM12/6/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
So has everyone awoken from their turkey induced triptofan nap?

Wolfblade

Dec 11, 2007, 8:45:59 PM12/11/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
OK EVERYBODY, WAKE UP!!! I wanna see some posts! Talk to me people!
Seriously, where is everyone? We have three new members who haven't
introduced themselves yet...

Lunaofeve

Dec 12, 2007, 5:55:58 AM12/12/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
::luna is curently geting raped by her finals please try again on
friday::

Wolfblade

Dec 25, 2007, 6:51:43 AM12/25/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Lunaofeve

Dec 26, 2007, 10:44:52 AM12/26/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
happy holidays

On Dec 25, 6:51 am, Wolfblade <wolfbl...@md.metrocast.net> wrote:
> MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Tphai

Dec 27, 2007, 8:17:28 AM12/27/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
you too luna oh and by the way im back !

Wolfblade

Dec 28, 2007, 3:11:41 AM12/28/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
Indeed. Glad to have ya back Tphai, and Luna I hope your exams went
well.

So how is everybody? I hope your holidays were pleasent. (Mine sure
was, I got the Roughnecks boxed set for Christmas, woohoo!)

Anyway...

Lunaofeve

Dec 28, 2007, 10:33:31 AM12/28/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
greeting to the long apsent Tphai lol good to see u again

exams went ok B- in my classes but man took me 4 day of sleeping for
almost 14 hours each to get back on my feet

Tphai

Dec 28, 2007, 10:15:23 PM12/28/07
to Roughnecks Junkies

yeh sorry guys i did some catching up, i read back, i see i was
mentioned, lol

my computer crashed so i had to redo everything i kept getting updates
from you guys talkin just never bothered to talk back lol. sorry

oh and luna whats the old sites web adress?

so yeh that fanfic..hmm you guys want it sexual? lol or something it
seemed like it because i could do that lol :P
if not thats cool to, eather way.

and when you said it was gonna be a ride i was like oh no....if ya
catch my drift,..sorry dirty mind..

wolf ya got aim?

so whats new pussycats? wowowowo. lol

-Phi out

Lunaofeve

Dec 29, 2007, 9:30:42 PM12/29/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Roughneck_Ramblings/index.php?act=idx < i
think is what you want

luna is always a dirty girl and lemons are always fun, i will give
good feedback

bah to computers

Tphai

Dec 29, 2007, 11:28:38 PM12/29/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
lemons? please esplane

Lunaofeve

Dec 30, 2007, 12:00:42 AM12/30/07
to Roughnecks Junkies
smut lemons fluff cittrese(miss spelled) are all words used by fan
girl to say what lvl of sexual content they have fluff being the
lowest smut the highest
> > > -Phi out- Hide quoted text -

Wolfblade

Jan 2, 2008, 8:59:47 AM1/2/08
to Roughnecks Junkies
Hey Tphai, glad to have ya back. (to answer your question, acutally I
don't have AIM, I use Yahoo). Glad to see everyone's keeping the
discussion "interesting", LOL. I have a proposal for yall. Seeing as
we're breaking into the new year I'm looking to start work on a
Roughnecks promotion project on YouTube. I plan on making trailers for
each campaign, followed by a megatrailer. Any more ideas on how we can
spread the Roughnecks madness?

Lunaofeve

Jan 3, 2008, 2:35:01 AM1/3/08
to Roughnecks Junkies
other then tie people to chairs and force them to watch the show ( i
do this to my freinds...w/o the rope) we have to find away to orgaize
the people who are out there

Wolfblade

Jan 3, 2008, 3:37:13 AM1/3/08
to Roughnecks Junkies
Well the problem isn't that there isn't enough fans, it's that the
fans that are already out there (and there's alot of 'em) think
they're the only ones. We're scattered all over the place without a
central hub to gather. That's why I created this site. We might just
have to start spamming the Roughnecks vids on youtube so to speak.
Placing a message in the commments "that if you want a place to chat
Roughnecks and help revive the show, message me (ie whoever placed the
comment) and I'll send you the link." I did that with one of the
Homefront segments, and it's responsible for almost half the members
on here.

Think: How many people did Sony want on that petition the finish the
show? 40,000? And how many people log on to YouTube EVERY DAY? Think
about it.

We can do this, we just have to get creative (and annoyingly
persistant).
> > spread the Roughnecks madness?- Hide quoted text -

Lunaofeve

Jan 3, 2008, 10:33:51 AM1/3/08
to Roughnecks Junkies
well sounds like you have thought this out :), i will add messages to
my vids