Missing or misundestand the meaning...

Alejandro AG

Feb 27, 2022, 11:16:19 AM2/27/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Im replacing standard components with yours and i found the DBwares types trDBDateTimePicker and TrDBLabel don`'t contain  the Field property to acces que data field asociated... why?

tks again

Tomas Rosinsky

Feb 28, 2022, 1:17:59 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,
I'm sorry I do not understand your issue at all. All DB components support DataField property, it is same also for standard DWAware components.

DataField.jpg
¨
Tomas

Alejandro AG

Feb 28, 2022, 2:57:26 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
DataField is a String name of field, but all DBaware components has also a property Field:TField (Suprise?) it contain the object create for every field in que datasource. And it is used very often. Yopu can see all standard DBware component has it, yours descendent of standard also has, but not the inherited from non-DB ones (I think only the TrDBDateTimePicker and TrDBLabel)

Having only the name you must address the Field using FieldByName, it works but not as quick or nice as access direct to the Field

hugs

Alejandro AG

Feb 28, 2022, 3:53:57 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Also TrDBImage need Field property
The sortcut FieldByName(DataField) can be used but for compatibility will be nice you add all the (r)DBaware

Tomas Rosinsky

Feb 28, 2022, 4:20:04 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
I see now, I will add it to the next version.