Feature request Grid FieldsFilterButton in Fields dialog box

gshelt...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2022, 7:55:27 AM7/26/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Thomas,

It would be nice for the end user to be able to select if the field has a filter button in the grid title. My users are getting used to the text filter in the field title and request that other fields have it also. Unfortunately the only way to add a field is to manually edit each users ini file if using the property savers. Unless I miss something.

Thanks,
Gary

Tomas Rosinsky

Jul 26, 2022, 10:02:11 AM7/26/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hi Gary,

I'm sorry it is not clear for me. Do you mean filter funnel button or text filter?
Anyway in both cases it is shown automatically according to grid setting and it is not stored in the INI file.

Funnel buttons:
OptionsEx2.Filters.FunnelBtn = true
FieldsFilterButton  - empty or list of fields with funnel button

Text filter:
OptionsEx2.Filters.TextBar = true
FieldsFilterButton  - empty or list of fields with text filter

It is not shown for fields which do not support filtering (calculated field, graphic field etc.)

Regards
Tomas

gshelt...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2022, 10:57:38 AM7/26/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Tomas,

From ini file

[frmAllCustomers.pnlFrame.frmAllCustomers.grdAllCustomersFieldsFilterButton]
ItemsCount=3
Item0=FirstName
Item1=LastName
Item2=Address

So when I add fields to FieldsFilterButton it is overridden by the ini file.
Gary

Tomas Rosinsky

Jul 26, 2022, 1:30:39 PM7/26/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
It is stored only if you are set PropSaveGrids.StoreDesignSetting = TRUE which is by default FALSE.
If you change it to TRUE then setting from design time is stored in the INI file and obviously it is used next time as you required it by this setting.
Why did you use this setting? It is useful only if user can use rDBGrid design dialog to set it it run time.

You can simply reset PropSaveGrids.StoreDesignSetting back to FALSE and it will not be used any more.

Tomas

gshelt...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2022, 4:17:16 PM7/26/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Tomas,

Thank you. I evidently do not understand the StoreDesignSettings, I thought it would update them with any changes in the design.

Gary