FieldsAs vs GeneralEvent

Thietbi Hanoi

Feb 28, 2022, 1:20:35 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,

In your demo, we can change both FieldsAs or GeneralEvent in order to set a field value as expected, for example, setting the data as StatusBar.

Please kindly advise the difference or when we should use this setting over the other and vice vesa.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tomas Rosinsky

Feb 28, 2022, 1:27:28 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,

FieldAs... properties can be set easilly by design time dialog and mainly it is set and used for all rows in the column.
General event is called for each cell and therefore it could be set also for individual cells. So it can be implemented if the setting should be used only for specific cells or rows or if the setting should be different for each cell.

I hope it helps
Tomas