Filter function

Thietbi Hanoi

Feb 28, 2022, 5:25:18 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,

I am trying the filter function by typing few keys in the filter frame (red marked) but all data gone.

I think I misunderstood the function.

Please kindly advise.
Filter.jpg

Tomas Rosinsky

Feb 28, 2022, 7:04:15 AM2/28/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,
probably you are using incompatible dataset type and wildcard setting for filtering.
Try to set
  • RosiCompConfig.rDBFilterCfg.FilterWildCardChar:='%'
in the OnCreate of main form or use my last version of the components. Then Wildcard is set according to used sorter,

I hope it helps
Tomas

Dne pondělí 28. února 2022 v 11:25:18 UTC+1 uživatel hung1...@gmail.com napsal:
Message has been deleted

Thietbi Hanoi

Mar 1, 2022, 3:19:27 AM3/1/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,

Your advice of setting the filter wild char works, however, it is only partially.

When typing in the text bar, it is expected that the program will start filtering based on the content typed in. However, it only work if with full text matched.

Enclosed is the screen captured for your reference.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Filter 2.jpg

Tomas Rosinsky

Mar 1, 2022, 3:51:09 AM3/1/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,

filter works and it is active (blue font), but all records contain text Sales  so it is shown correctly.
Try another text, e.g. manager :)

Regards
Tomas

Thietbi Hanoi

Mar 1, 2022, 4:05:25 AM3/1/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Hello,

Yes you are correct again. Maybe I am testing to much to realize that  simple thing :=)

By the way, some time text in filter bar appears in red (?). What am I doing wrong or missing?

I do appreciate in advance for your advice.

Tomas Rosinsky

Mar 1, 2022, 4:15:02 AM3/1/22
to Rosi Delphi Components
Red text means that filter condition is not correct and raises the exception (eg. text is entered to the numeric field or some filter combination is not supported by used dataset).

Tomas