Introduction

Thomas Doerfler

Nov 1, 2009, 2:42:24 PM11/1/09
to Rosetta
Hi,

I have been watching the Rosetta-OS discussion for about a week now.
So it is time to come up on this list and before going into the
discussion I want to introduce myself.

I am working with RTEMS for more than 10 years now, using it on
various 32-bit microcontrollers, mainly with M68k and PowerPC
architecture kernels.

My strong focus is on using RTEMS for embedded systems, very often
with realtime requirements. I am interested in seeing RTEMS grow and
adapt new technologies, like SMP and new interfaces like USB (well, it
is no longer new but we did not have support for it 6 months ago :-) )

Adapting new hardware is always a pain. Getting proper APIs for
various aspects of the driver layer is something that we can improve,
so I am really looking forward into the Rosetta-OS activities.

wkr,

Thomas Doerfler.