Boat and trailer work nights & general update.

Mike Neal

May 15, 2017, 9:41:57 PM5/15/17
to rose-of...@googlegroups.com
To all,

We still need to check and pack the trailer wheels/bearings get a state inspection, check tire pressure & tread wear.
We also need to make a patch to the boat gunnel where it fell apart,& anchor the metal plates for the sweeps better.
My schedule is full on the weekends but I do have Monday and Tuesday evenings after 4ish usually free.
If you can help please contact me soon so we can get these things done.

General update:

 1 I have not gotten anyone to take the Rose past Winginia site so at this time it looks like pulling out in Winginia Tuesday morning. I am still working on a few options.

2 James H. has offered to help with providing food for the trip.

3 We do need to set who is on the boat which days, PLEASE let me know by email your requested day(s) to be on. I would Assume that food costs will be around $15.00 per day per person, Having that up front will help greatly. We will still do our final cost tally, buy back after the festival as appropriate.

4 The boat flipping and packing went very well. We now need to pump it out and do a check to see the results and add to the pond blocks so as to not let it settle as deep in the pond, then refill about 1/2 way the batteau with water.

5 Please let me know who can help during the week before the festival to prep food and gear and also on Friday get the boat out cleaned, loaded and get to the Amherst boat ramp by 7 pm with shuttling the trailer back to the house.

Thanks

Mike Neal
Captain Rose of Nelson Batteau

Joseph Maltby

May 16, 2017, 11:47:15 AM5/16/17
to rose-of...@googlegroups.com
I don't think I will be able to make it this year.  I will have just moved the week prior and then be heading to a wedding in NYC the following weekend.  I may be able to come over from Richmond and help out on the 16th though.

Mike Neal

May 22, 2017, 8:04:01 AM5/22/17
to rose-of...@googlegroups.com

I understand and thanks for letting us know. Good luck moving.