Fwd: "The Sweep" - Sept. 29, 2016-DATE CHANGED TO 10-22-16

Mike Neal

Sep 30, 2016, 7:33:46 AM9/30/16
to rose-of...@googlegroups.com

Mike Neal
Captain Rose of Nelson Batteau

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Virginia Canals & Navigations Society <ho...@vacanals.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Subject: "The Sweep" - Sept. 29, 2016-DATE CHANGED TO 10-22-16
To: Michael & Ellen Neal <mne...@gmail.com>

Display problems? View this newsletter in your browser.

Virginia Canals & Navigations Society
THE "SWEEP" E-Newsletter

Dear Michael & Ellen Neal,

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

---

TIRELESS JAMES - RIVER CLEANUP - DATE CHANGED TO 10-22-16!
October 22nd - Starts in Howardsville 8:00 am
Ends in Scottsville - RiverTime pm.

ACCORDING TO THE JAMES RIVER ASSOCIATION WEBSITE:

ATTENTION: EVENT POSTPONED UNTIL OCTOBER 22, 2016!

Tire-Less James cleanup event will be postponed until October 22nd, due to rising river levels, increased turbidity, and predicted increased bacteria levels.

We hope you will be able to join us on the 22nd!

Please note that this is a special reminder about the annual river cleanup event that is held in cooperation with the James River Association.

The following information comes from the JRBF Chairman Andrew Shaw's recent email to the JRBF. We are sending this notice out in case you would also like to help get the tires out of the James River.

Dear Friends,

There are five batteaux planning on making the trip, and I am hopeful to see many more of you out in canoes and kayaks. Obviously the river is fairly low, so we are going to need plenty of folks in smaller vessels to bring tires to the batteaux so that batteaux crew can focus on getting down the river.

The JRA is covering our camping at Horseshoe Flats (for those people who have already pre-registered).

Batteaux should plan to shove off from Howardsville at 8 AM. Both batteaux and canoeists should plan to gather at Goolsby's to help unload tires before navigating the falls.

I am excited about the chance to drag boats over rocks, and maybe even get a few tires out of the river. I hope to see many of you Saturday, October 22, 2016!

-Andrew

--
Andrew D. Shaw
434.420.4428