2017 general planning times

1 view

Mike Neal

Feb 9, 2017, 5:47:12 PM2/9/17
to rose-of...@googlegroups.com
To all,

A quick note.

Due to the declining interest and personal availability, I have decided to work with the Mary Marshall & Captians Andrew & Sebastian to help there small crew and our Rose Batteau Batteau.

I congratulate Brian Coffield in his new purchase and captainship of the old Slate River Batteau. ... so we have one less crew person in our fold! and this is the second spin off from the Rose helping grow the JRBF. He has been offered a parking spot in the Neal's pond.

Working with the Marshall:
 Feb 25 or 26 pull boats out and leave on trailers to dry. Only 4 needed Andrew, Sebastion, Mike & One other crew.

March 4 Sat Workday, Need ALL CREW for both boats Ases conditions; make further plans: get things staged ie. tools, electric cords, hay bales, lumber, etc. : Flip and start repairs & oakum Packing.

Other work days and times TBDT.

By March 19 have back in the water.

March Sunday 26 Spring mtg in Scottsville at Tavern Starting @ 1, if you want to socialize and eat come early @ 12

May 13-14 upper James river run Start @ Iron Gate, Determine if we have enough folks to go  with the Rose or a select few can get on rides with other Batteau. Frankly this is some of the best water to go on!!

June 10 Re naming of the Amherst park/landing/launch site to the Rucker's Landing. This a great day for Mike Rucker.... Years in the works...

June 17 - 25 JRBF:
 Are we going all or part too decide 3.26.17

I have updated the Rose site with the dates and general info.
If I have missed any one let me know so I can update my list.

 Floating.....

Mike Neal
Captain Rose of Nelson Batteau
VC&NS Trustee
8983 Faber Road
Faber VA 22938
Mne...@gmail.com
434.263.4324.Work
434.531.4604 Mobile
www.roseofnelson.com
www.vacanals.org

mik...@aol.com

Feb 12, 2017, 8:12:27 PM2/12/17
to rose-of...@googlegroups.com, mne...@gmail.com
Mike, there is to be a "Celebration of Life" for my wife Harriet on Sunday, June 18 in Northern Virginia, so I will not be available for the James River Festival launch on June 17.

I hope to join the Rose of Nelson as a crewman a few days downstream - date(s) to be determined.

I hope you and many others can be in Madison Heights on Saturday, June 10 at the batteau landing (henceforth to be "Rucker's Landing." for the first annual Amherst County Batteau Day Festival and the unveiling of the three informational signs about the history of the James River batteau.

Best regards,           Mike Rucker