Fwd: Fall Float/ Meeting - 10/20

Mike Neal

Sep 17, 2018, 9:09:38 PM9/17/18
to rose-of...@googlegroups.com
To all,
Please make it if you can.
Cheers

Mike Neal
Captain Rose of Nelson Batteau

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Andrew Shaw <ads...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 4:53 AM
Subject: Fall Float/ Meeting - 10/20
To: Andrew Shaw <ads...@gmail.com>

Hey Folks,

I hope everyone has had a great summer and is looking forward to the fall.  In the last several years, we have lost the tradition of having a fall meeting due to the fact that it was connected to the Tireless James, which was frequently canceled due to rain.  Many have expressed a desire to get back to a regular fall meeting, which has typically been more social.

With that in mind, I hope you all can make it to Howardsville on October 20.  My hope is that folks will float that day, we will have a brief meeting at 6:30 and for those who desire, camp out in the evening.  Several folks have stepped up in the last few months to say they would like to take on a more significant role in the festival, and I plan use this time to talk about how things might be structured going forward. Roger Nelson will be grilling hot dogs.

So in brief:

-Fall meeting/ float 10/20
-Float from Wingina to Howardsville
-Meeting at 6:30
-Roger grilling hot dogs
-Camp out if desired

Please let me know if you plan to attend so we can make sure to get enough food!

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing many of you in October!
--
Andrew D. Shaw