Web Engineering

Bebo White

Dec 19, 2009, 2:54:21 PM12/19/09
to rose-hulman-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I am working on a re-definition of Web Engineering that is based upon the emerging interest in Web Science. This makes sense, at least to me, since engineering does imply connection to some scientific field. The old definition of Web Engineering has primarily addressed specific Web applications in Software Engineering and Web Project Management.

Since Web Science incorporates numerous non-technical disciplines (e.g., sociology, law, etc.), how are engineering principles applied considering those disciplines? For example, in a comprehensive discussion of Aeronautical Engineering, does one consider legal ramifications of airplane failure, etc.?

Since you are the "best and brightest" of Rose-Hulman, I would very much enjoy hearing your thoughts. In addition, if you know of references applicable to this discussion, please send them along.

Thanks
Bebo

R. Crowley

Dec 21, 2009, 11:22:35 AM12/21/09
to rose-hulman-w...@googlegroups.com
I think it relates to psychology(person interacts), sociology (group of people interacts), how information(or project) is displayed/interpreted/organized/developed. I think you could take any discipline and related it to Web Engineering other than the most obvious science. Social Science, Humanities also relate. Hope you understand. In a hurry. Will think more about it later. Happy Holidays to all. Rachel