Rose::DB::Object cpanm install problem

Tom Adamo

Mar 23, 2015, 1:09:15 PM3/23/15
to rose-db...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to install/update Rose::DB::Object, but cpanm isn't finding it. It finds Rose::DB just fine. Any ideas? Or, did I miss something? Thanks!

[root@5da325e122e3 ~]# cpanm Rose::DB
cpanm (App::cpanminus) 1.6922 on perl 5.016003 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi
Work directory is /root/.cpanm/work/1427130256.967
You have make /usr/bin/make
You have LWP 6.13
You have /usr/bin/tar: tar (GNU tar) 1.26
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
Searching Rose::DB on mirror https://cpan.metacpan.org ...
Rose::DB is up to date. (0.777)
[root@5da325e122e3 ~]# cpanm Rose::DB::Object
cpanm (App::cpanminus) 1.6922 on perl 5.016003 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi
Work directory is /root/.cpanm/work/1427130259.971
You have make /usr/bin/make
You have LWP 6.13
You have /usr/bin/tar: tar (GNU tar) 1.26
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
Searching Rose::DB::Object on mirror https://cpan.metacpan.org ...
! Finding Rose::DB::Object () on mirror https://cpan.metacpan.org failed.
! Couldn't find module or a distribution Rose::DB::Object ()

John Siracusa

Mar 23, 2015, 1:18:58 PM3/23/15
to rose-db-object
Maybe try a different mirror? It's definitely there…

-John

--
Source: https://github.com/siracusa/rose
CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/dist/Rose-DB-Object

Moritz Bunkus

Mar 23, 2015, 1:35:08 PM3/23/15
to rose-db...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

> Maybe try a different mirror? It's definitely there…

It's currently not listed on metacpan, though, and that's there cpanm
gets its information from. Looking at [1] it seems that the very first
point is the case:

> Is it in the index?

> MetaCPAN uses the PAUSE generated 02packages.details.txt file. If it's
> not in there, then the module author will need to fix this. (Authors
> are usually emailed about this when they upload a distribution).

RDBO is indeed not listed in 02packages.details.txt. This entry points
to the module author for being responsible for the fix.

Note that Rose::DB itself is listed on metacpan.

[1] https://metacpan.org/about/missing_modules

I would also like to see this fixed, but mostly because I query
metacpan's API for automatic notifications when the Perl packages I
maintain for Arch Linux need to be updated. RDBO's queries have been
failing for a couple of days now.

Kind regards,
mosu

John Siracusa

Mar 23, 2015, 2:28:22 PM3/23/15
to rose-db-object
I just uploaded a new version of the module. We'll see if that fixes it.

-John

Tom Adamo

Mar 23, 2015, 3:04:26 PM3/23/15
to rose-db...@googlegroups.com
It installs ok now. Thanks for the follow up!

- Tom