WARNING: MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT is deprecated

jfrm

Jul 29, 2023, 7:37:02 AM7/29/23
to Rose::DB::Object
My database online at gamesboard.org.uk has suddenly started to issue this warning when people do queries:
WARNING: MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
I'm confused as to why this suddenly started.  I don't think I changed anything but it's possible I switched warnings on without realising and thus exposed something that's been going on for a while.  Or perhaps my ISP upgraded their Perl version unbeknownst to me..  Googling and digging in hasn't got me too far and I still don't know what to do about it.  It seems to be a Perl thing and I think it's due to something within Rose::DB::Object rather than in my own code.  Therefore, thought I'd better post about it as possibly Rose::DB::Object needs a tiny update.
In case it helps, I found this
mysql_auto_reconnect     => { type => 'boolean' },
in C:\Perl64\site\lib\Rose\DB\Registry\Entry.pm

Also, here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22685156/dbi-connect-using-old-style-syntax-is-deprecated-and-will-be-an-error-in-futu  there is a claim that the error is triggered when DBI::connect() is given four arguments and the fourth one isn't a reference and the correct thing is to give DBI::Connect() 3 arguments only plus I noticed that Rose::DB::Object gives 4 arguments in C:\Perl64\lib\DBI.pm at line 584:
return $class->connect($dsn, $user, $pass, $attr);

I am out of my depth here but maybe the above is helpful?