xction pro

nick weldin

Sep 16, 2015, 7:30:19 AM9/16/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We are updating our turtlebots and replacing the kinects with action pros.

We have made our own plates for mounting the action, could I just confirm whether the poles for the plate that the asus is mounted to are still using the same position that they were in for the  kinect or have they been moved at all on the current model ?

Thanks

Nick

Dave Hylands

Sep 16, 2015, 1:24:15 PM9/16/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
I have a new TurtleBot2 with the xtion pro. I'd be happy to measure/take pictures so we can compare.
Just let me know what you'd like to measure.

Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada
http://www.davehylands.com

nick weldin

Sep 17, 2015, 9:27:01 AM9/17/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
That would be great, thanks.

Have attached a picture of where the uprights were connected for the kinect, can you confirm this where yours are joined,
Its the back pair of holes, 196mm apart on the drawings.
 I seem to remember talk of possible movement to use holes further forward, but I can't find any reference to it anywhere now
Inline images 1

Dave Hylands

Sep 17, 2015, 12:34:27 PM9/17/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
The top of Page 7 from the TurtleBot2 user manual shows a picture similar to yours:

Here's a photo of the back of my TurtleBot2. The ruler is lined up with the center of the left post around 40 and right is very close to 59.6 (sorry for it being so dark - the black on black is hard to photograph)

And here's a photo of the front. It looks like there are 2 pairs of holes that could be used to mount the xtion:

Using the angle bracket means that just about any sized sensor could be used. The photo from the manual shows the bracket pretty clearly.

Dave Hylands

Sep 17, 2015, 12:35:53 PM9/17/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - looks like there are 3 pairs of holes which could be used to mount the xtion, one on the back (the ones that mine are in), a pair in the middle and a pair at the front).

nick weldin

Sep 17, 2015, 4:13:09 PM9/17/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
from those pics I can see it is using the same position for the poles. Thanks for your help.

Bill Morris

Sep 17, 2015, 5:32:21 PM9/17/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com

Jihoon Lee

Sep 17, 2015, 10:10:28 PM9/17/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
The poles and holes for asus mount are the same as for kinects.
This PR may help you to understand asus location. And this is currently used as asus mount.
I hope this helps you.

Jihoon