Some Problms about Source Installing Turtlebot

王超

Nov 20, 2015, 11:26:31 AM11/20/15
to ROS TurtleBot Special Interest Group

Hi,
I installed ROS-Hydro-Desktop-Full from source on ubuntu 13.10. It works fine. So that when I try to install turtlebot, I have to choose source installation.
The documention on the page http://wiki.ros.org/turtlebot/Tutorials/hydro/Installation show the step:
mkdir ~/turtlebot
> cd ~/turtlebot
> wstool init src https://raw.github.com/turtlebot/turtlebot/hydro/turtlebot.rosinstall -j8
> source /opt/ros/hydro/setup.bash
> rosdep install --from-paths src -i -y
> catkin_make
But there is no /opt/ros in my computer because I installed ros from source, so I ignore the source /opt/ros/hydro/setup.bash but I get error as followed:

ERROR: the following packages/stacks could not have their rosdep keys resolved to system dependencies:
yocs_virtual_sensor: No definition of [rospy_message_converter] for OS version [saucy]
turtlebot_teleop: No definition of [joy] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_random_walker: No definition of [ecl_threads] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_node: No definition of [ecl_threads] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_safety_controller: No definition of [ecl_threads] for OS version [saucy]
turtlebot_core_apps: No definition of [map_store] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_auto_docking: No definition of [ecl_linear_algebra] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_dock_drive: No definition of [ecl_linear_algebra] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_keyop: No definition of [ecl_time] for OS version [saucy]
turtlebot_gazebo: No definition of [depthimage_to_laserscan] for OS version [saucy]
yocs_diff_drive_pose_controller: No definition of [ecl_threads] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_ftdi: No definition of [ecl_command_line] for OS version [saucy]
yocs_velocity_smoother: No definition of [ecl_threads] for OS version [saucy]
turtlebot_bringup: No definition of [depthimage_to_laserscan] for OS version [saucy]
kobuki_driver: No definition of [ecl_command_line] for OS version [saucy]

I google it and find a page:http://answers.ros.org/question/195241/gazebo-222-with-ros-hydro-from-source-and-turtlebot/ . I try "export ROSDISTRO=hydro", "export ROSDISTRO="hydro"" before "rosdep install --from-paths src -i -y" and "rosdep install --from-paths src -i -y --rosdistro=hydro" all didn't work.

I run "rosdep check --from-paths src" and get : (it's just part of those information, they are so much but all is in the same format )
fedora:
  heisenbug:
    yum:
      packages:
      - ros-hydro-rviz
osx:
  homebrew:
    packages:
    - ros/hydro/rviz
ubuntu:
  precise:
    apt:
      packages:
      - ros-hydro-rviz
  quantal:
    apt:
      packages:
      - ros-hydro-rviz
  raring:
    apt:
      packages:
      - ros-hydro-rviz

ERROR[turtlebot_bringup]: No definition of [depthimage_to_laserscan] for OS version [saucy]
rosdep key : depthimage_to_laserscan
OS name    : ubuntu
OS version : saucy
Data: _is_ros: true

 Would you please help me to solve it?

Thank you!

Tully Foote

Nov 20, 2015, 5:36:18 PM11/20/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
If you're installing from source you will want to make sure to fill in all the ros dependencies before you run rosdep.

To do that I suggest that you use the rosinstall_generator.

Tully

王超

Nov 21, 2015, 12:39:47 AM11/21/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

I run rosinstall_generator ros-hydro-turtlebot and get :
Using ROS_DISTRO: hydro
The following not released packages/stacks will be ignored: ros-hydro-turtlebot
No packages/stacks left after ignoring not released

And  I find out that I didn't install ros-hydro-ros which perhaps is the reason. But I can't install it through apt-get. There seem to be no ros-hydro-ros's deb for saucy(ubuntu 13.10).
So how can I install ros-hydro-ros and then install turtlebot ?

Chao

Tully Foote

Nov 23, 2015, 2:36:25 PM11/23/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 9:39 PM, 王超 <wangc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks,

I run rosinstall_generator ros-hydro-turtlebot and get :
Using ROS_DISTRO: hydro
The following not released packages/stacks will be ignored: ros-hydro-turtlebot
No packages/stacks left after ignoring not released

You need to invoke rosinstall_generator with the `--deps` option ot bring in all the dependencies since you are not overlaying anything.

And  I find out that I didn't install ros-hydro-ros which perhaps is the reason. But I can't install it through apt-get. There seem to be no ros-hydro-ros's deb for saucy(ubuntu 13.10).
So how can I install ros-hydro-ros and then install turtlebot ?

If you want debs on Saucy, you will need to use indigo.  Hydro is not supported on Saucy. (Actually it's EOL'd overall too) http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0003.html

Tully