Question about building Turtlebot for Raspberry Pi 2

Sanjaya Kumar

Jun 12, 2015, 3:01:50 AM6/12/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I’m trying to run Turtlebot on a Raspberry Pi 2 in the Indigo release.

Looking at the instructions on Turtlebot tutorial page section 2.2.2 “Workspaces” there is a procedure to build from source.

However, wouldn’t it be easier to follow the “standard” way of building packages as shown on this page?

$ cd ~/ros_catkin_ws
$ rosinstall_generator rocom kobuki turtlebot --rosdistro indigo --deps --wet-only --exclude roslisp --tar > indigo-custom_ros.rosinstall

Next, update the workspace with wstool:

$ wstool merge -t src indigo-custom_ros.rosinstall
$ wstool update -t src

After updating the workspace, you may want to run rosdep to install any new dependencies that are required:

$ rosdep install --from-paths src --ignore-src --rosdistro indigo -y -r --os=debian:wheezy

Finally, now that the workspace is up to date and dependencies are satisfied, rebuild the workspace:

$ sudo ./src/catkin/bin/catkin_make_isolated --install -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release --install-space /opt/ros/indigo

Any gotchas trying to do it this way?

Thanks!

Arif Rahman

Aug 19, 2015, 9:55:54 AM8/19/15
to ROS TurtleBot Special Interest Group
Hi Sanjaya,

So did you manage to get Turtlebot running on RPi? I'm going to do the same, hope you could share any tips.

Thanks.

Arif