Dynamic-Model of Turtlebot 2

Ayad Qasim

Mar 10, 2015, 10:53:39 AM3/10/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends

I am a PhD student at the University, I am working with Turtlebot 2 robot,  I need the Dynamic-Model of Turtlebot 2 robot in order to perform my academic research.

Please possible to provide me with the following information:

1.     The position of the centre of mass.

2.     The moment of inertia of the body around the centre of mass.

3.     The moment of inertia of the wheel with a motor about the wheel axis.

4.     The moment of inertia of the wheel with a motor about the wheel diameter.

5.     The mass of the body and wheel with a motor.

6.     The torque of the each actuator.

I  hope someone can help me... or if anyone has the same issue, may be we can cooperate.

Thanks

Tully Foote

Mar 24, 2015, 3:04:42 PM3/24/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
HI,

I don't believe anyone has accurately measured these numbers accurately. In general the system does not reach speeds at which dynamic behaviour is a significant factor. If you collect some of these please share them back to the community.

Tully

Ayad Qasim

Mar 30, 2015, 4:58:52 PM3/30/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tully
Thank you for the email and I will show all the information after completed.
Many thanks with best regards

Ayush Shah

Mar 31, 2016, 5:04:49 PM3/31/16
to ROS TurtleBot Special Interest Group
Hello Ayad,

I'm a Masters student working on the dynamic model of the Turtlebot. I found the weight of the Turtlebotto be 6.3kg and the weight of the wheels to be 0.01kg each (the normal wheels as well as the castor wheels). (Sources: http://www.clearpathrobotics.com/turtlebot-2-open-source-robot/ and https://github.com/aleksandarmilicevic/react-lang/blob/master/doc/link_to_phyical_world.txt )

Although, I'm stuck with the part of finding the moment of inertia of the Turtlebot. Have you had any progress or luck with finding it?
It would be great if you could shed some light on it.

Thanks.
Ayush