tf2 release needs

Tully Foote

Feb 4, 2013, 8:53:54 PM2/4/13
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Sorry that this sig has gone dormant for so long.  I think that the needs for tf2 have now grown enough that it's time to push tf2 out of experimental for hydro.

I'd like to start out and get a sense of what nees to be done.  The Hydro cycle is kind of compressed, but there should be enough time to make this happen.

Outstanding features of significant value:
- action based subscription to a set of transforms, minimally represented.
  This has been a request of systems like the web interface.

- tf tree republishing with data forwarding and rewriting
  This is super important for multi robot support.

- convert tf to use tf2 under the hood.
  This will provide by far the best backwards compatibility, and easiest system wide deployment.

Beyond that I belive the core functionality of tf2 is basically there.

Adam mentioned that he has put together a scene graph like interface for a broadcaster, that might be good to integrate.

Does anyone have other things they would like to integrate.

Julius Kammerl

Feb 4, 2013, 9:53:15 PM2/4/13
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On 02/04/2013 05:53 PM, Tully Foote wrote:

Outstanding features of significant value:
- action based subscription to a set of transforms, minimally represented.
  This has been a request of systems like the web interface.

This feature has been already implemented as a separate node, but we should integrate this feature into tf2 I think.
https://github.com/RobotWebTools/tf2_web_republisher

Best,
Julius