Do you know any good general rqt plugins that should be included in default installs?

Aaron Blasdel

Jul 7, 2015, 11:19:49 AM7/7/15
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello rqt sig denizens,

Recently I ran across a nice rqt plugin: mr_teleoperator

At the moment it isn't released for indigo & jade which is sad because it is so much better than the default robot_steering. I'm in discussion with the author to get it released

Does anyone out there know of any others that might be good to consider?

Aaron Blasdel

Isaac I.Y. Saito

Jul 10, 2015, 12:19:08 PM7/10/15
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
From the user's point of view (i.e. for now ignoring maintainers effort :P),
it's helpful to have fewer places to find useful tools, so thanks for
the effort to pull in generic plugins!

I bet during DRC development period rqt-based tools were made here and there.
In JSK's repository you'll find some tools that sound generic enough[1].

# Btw many RViz plugins must have been made during then too.

[1] https://github.com/jsk-ros-pkg/jsk_visualization/blob/master/jsk_rqt_plugins/plugin.xml

Isaac

--
!Happy opensource robotics!

Isaac I.Y. Saito (齋藤功)
Co-founder, Software Engineer (代表理事)
TORK (Tokyo Opensource Robotics Kyokai Association, (社) 東京オープンソースロボティクス協会)
http://opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp / 113-0034 東京都文京区湯島3-20-12 ツナシマ第2ビル4F
+81-50-3748-1069
> --

Aaron Blasdel

Jul 13, 2015, 7:24:31 PM7/13/15
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com, iiys...@opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp
The main point for finding plugins is the wiki page not the github repos.

We shouldn't be actually pulling the code from external projects we should just be including them in the meta packages as mentioned in the other thread.