[rqt related] I got a request to publicize the preferred launch method

Aaron Blasdel

Jun 4, 2013, 3:02:48 PM6/4/13
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
It seems we are not doing a good job publicizing that the main/best way to launch rqt is by using just "rqt"

Apparently a large number of folks just launch via the "rqt_*" scripts and don't even know that the "rqt" command exists.

Someone suggested to me that we might want to make it more prominent on the wiki. Perhaps a note at the top of some of the main rqt pages showing how to launch it?

I thought it might be good to brain storm on how to get the word out there on this.
What do you guys think?

Aaron

Isaac Isao Saito

Jun 5, 2013, 3:04:55 AM6/5/13
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Good to know that the command `rqt` is not known very well. Since I'm
the one who's been editing its wiki mostly, I'll add some changes to
stress some of the important things and get back later.

Isaac