[ros-sig-roslaunch] voting results

Dan Lazewatsky

Feb 22, 2013, 1:25:29 PM2/22/13
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All -
Now that people have had time to vote on proposals, here are the ones 3 or more votes:
  1. Allow binaries that are not in ros packages to be roslaunched
  2. 'description' or 'doc' attributes for <arg> tags
  3. Adding 'machine' attribute to <include> and <group> tags
  4. <launch> tag: adding 'name' and 'description' attributes
  5. "Add respawn attribute to <include> tags to relaunch the include if any nodes it launched die."
  6. "Automatic CLI documentation for launchfile arguments and tab-completion."
  7. Bubbling up/passing through args
The next steps are to figure out which of these make sense to implement, and then who is going to do each one. It looks like they Hydro beta is scheduled for March 25, so we should aim to have everything done by then.

I've already done part of #6, so I can own that one, and #2 goes nicely with it.

-Dan