roslaunch documentation

Dan Lazewatsky

Mar 14, 2014, 1:14:09 PM3/14/14
to ros-usabil...@googlegroups.com, ros-sig-roslaunch
Hey folks -
Kudos to Jon Bohren for adding a doc attribute to args in roslaunch (https://github.com/ros/ros_comm/pull/379), something that was discussed a while ago, but never done. This got me thinking that it would be good to be able to document launch files on the wiki in the same way as nodes (in fact, there's a ticket about it from a while ago: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/roswiki/issues/12). If there's enough (any) interest, I might look into writing a wiki CS template, as well as a script to parse launch files and output wiki documentation. Thoughts?

-Dan

Jonathan Bohren

Mar 14, 2014, 1:29:36 PM3/14/14
to Dan Lazewatsky, ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com, ros-usabil...@googlegroups.com

*roslaunch files (auto complete)

On Mar 14, 2014 1:29 PM, "Jonathan Bohren" <jonatha...@gmail.com> wrote:

A wiki parser for roadholding files would be cool.

Another feature is love to see in roslaunch is enabling roslaunch args to pass through to included roslaunch files. Anyone interested in implementing something like that?

-j

Jonathan Bohren

Dan Lazewatsky

Mar 14, 2014, 2:29:57 PM3/14/14
to ros-sig-roslaunch, ros-usabil...@googlegroups.com
I think somebody had started working on bash completion for roslaunch (Christian Dornhege maybe?), but it doesn't seem like anything came of it.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Jonathan Bohren <jonatha...@gmail.com> wrote:

A wiki parser for roadholding files would be cool.

Another feature is love to see in roslaunch is enabling roslaunch args to pass through to included roslaunch files. Anyone interested in implementing something like that?

I would love to see this too. The obvious way of doing this, just passing through args with the same name, has the potential to break lots of existing launch files, so it would need a little more thought. Maybe adding a "passthrough" attribute to the arg tag to signify that the arg should take on passed-through values from higher up if possible.

Jonathan Bohren

Mar 14, 2014, 2:45:53 PM3/14/14
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com, ros-usabil...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Dan Lazewatsky <d...@lazewatsky.com> wrote:
I think somebody had started working on bash completion for roslaunch (Christian Dornhege maybe?), but it doesn't seem like anything came of it.

Yeah this is another thing, but I meant to say that my typo was from auto-completing on my phone, haha.

-j

--
Jonathan Bohren
Laboratory for Computational Sensing and Robotics