Contributions to OpenCV3 GSoC'15

Mani M

Nov 16, 2015, 8:06:16 PM11/16/15
to ROS Perception Special Interest Group
Hello,

Most of the contributions to OpenCV GSoC'15 are relevant to robotics, specifically TLD improvements, realtime multi object tracking, improvements to stereo correspondences and ICF as well as optimizations for ARM platforms. I was wondering if there exists any plans to release the results (code, patches or studies) to the public anytime soon? The page on OpenCV wiki is a bit outdated and does not include the final status of each project. The final demo video looks quite impressive though, thus it seems many projects met their goals. I am personally interested to get access to TLD/ICF improvements as well multi object tracking code.

Thank you,
Mani

Mani M

Nov 16, 2015, 8:07:49 PM11/16/15
to ROS Perception Special Interest Group
Minor edit: I should have used OpenCV instead of OpenCV3 in the subject.

Vincent Rabaud

Nov 17, 2015, 5:17:12 PM11/17/15
to ros-sig-p...@googlegroups.com
All those would be released to opencv_contrib very soon. Having a merge request to opencv_contrib with the code is now a request to pass for each GSOC student. Last I checked, only 4 MR had not been merged.
If the version of OpenCV3 or opencv_contrib is lagging behind, please ask at https://github.com/ros-gbp/opencv3-release to have it updated, asking for a date or SHA1 to update to.

Mani Monajjemi

Nov 18, 2015, 3:07:25 PM11/18/15
to ros-sig-p...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Vincent for your help. I could actually track down the project I was interested in (KCF tracker) and can confirm that the code is live in `master` branch of `opencv_contrib` repo and it compiles/works fine. The difficulty was that GSoC'15 page at OpenCV wiki does not clearly indicate/link to the results of each project (the links provided are not publicly accessible). I could find a good report on the technical progress of this project on GSoC website.

Mani Monajjemi