Status of https://github.com/ToPitz/nxt_ros_catkin

Nick Chalko

Jan 19, 2014, 10:49:07 PM1/19/14
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Tobias,

What have you been able to test so far?

We should merge our work as soon as possible?

I have gotten as far as

rosrun nxt_python nxt_test

Tobias Opitz

Jan 29, 2014, 8:56:54 AM1/29/14
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay, but I'm really busy these days... (have to deliver my masters thesis on friday...)

I have tested some sensors and found that some things didn't work, as supposed (namly the light/intensity sensor...) Therefore I started to migrate the package to nxt_python 2.2 and tested the sensors and motors - now they work with nxt_python2.2 (at least the sensors and motors)

Moreover I was able to start the nxt_sensor_car and the nxt_robot_car model and verify it's funcionality. I haven't checked in the last code update. (I hope to archive this until monday, but currently other things have a higher priority...)

What didn't work was the gazebo plugin. Even my changes to the original code didn't solve this issue until now...

Tobias Opitz

Jan 29, 2014, 8:58:38 AM1/29/14
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to mention, that I used roslaunch to execute the launch files of the models.
Message has been deleted

Petr Tomáš

Mar 9, 2014, 6:28:58 PM3/9/14
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,

first thing.. I also doing a Master thesis about ROS and I'm trying to connect NXT with ROS Hydro right now...do a transformation to catkin. Btw my deadline is 30.5. :-)

So would be great if you can send me your master thesis ;-)

Second thing..do you have done simultaneously controlling of 2 motors in python ??

THX, Petr