Question about new content in Alpha7 CMakeList files

Brad Baillio

Sep 13, 2016, 11:45:29 AM9/13/16
to ROS SIG NG ROS
if(NOT target_suffix STREQUAL "")
    get_rclcpp_information
("${rmw_implementation}" "rclcpp${target_suffix}")
  endif
()

I see this appearing in the rclcpp example CMakeLists files, and I'm curious what it's function is and if I should be using them in my files.
I've noticed strange(bad) linking behavior when I add it.

Thanks.

Dirk Thomas

Sep 13, 2016, 7:49:59 PM9/13/16
to ROS SIG NG ROS
Hi Brad,

You will only want to use this function if you want to build your targets for multiple rmw implementations. In general you just want to choose a single rmw implementation and then only depend on `rclcpp` (and don't care about the suffix).

Cheers,
- Dirk