tf2 broken in alpha 7

Geoffrey Viola

Aug 30, 2016, 11:52:46 AM8/30/16
to ROS SIG NG ROS
I want to use tf2 in ROS 2 alpha 7. Unfortunately, I get runtime errors using this library.

I raised the static transform publisher issue on github https://github.com/ros/geometry2/issues/184. I ended up created my own ros2 publisher using tf2_msgs successfully.

There's also an exception when the tf2_ros::TransformListener is constructed. I'm actively trying to debug it, but debugging is difficult in MSVC with ROS 2.

Has anyone else been facing this? My goal is to create a static transform publisher and get the transform from the tf2 buffer.

William Woodall

Aug 30, 2016, 2:29:47 PM8/30/16
to ROS SIG NG ROS
Can you give us some more details, like: what program you're running, if it is a custom program how are you building it (maybe put a snippet from CMake in), or (if you care) which rmw implementation you're trying to use?

For debugging on Windows, I usually run `devenv` in the cmd prompt that I was trying to run my program from, which will open Visual Studio. Then in Visual Studio I can open the solution file from the build folder of the package that contains the executable. From there you can run the executable in question as you would any VS project.

William Woodall
ROS Development Team