Error while running two listener based on RTPS: "You should always find the WP associated with a change, something is very wrong"

Aptschihu Buktu

Sep 10, 2016, 7:36:17 AM9/10/16
to ROS SIG NG ROS
Hello,

I'm running to listeners (with different node names) on the same topic. As interface I use RTPS and sometimes I got this error:

[Error][StatefulReader::change_removed_by_history] You should always find the WP associated with a change, something is very wrong

The message was generated in this method (src/eProsima/Fast-RTPS/src/cpp/rtps/reader/StatefulReader.cpp)

bool StatefulReader::change_removed_by_history(CacheChange_t* a_change, WriterProxy* wp)
{
const char* const METHOD_NAME = "change_removed_by_history";
boost::lock_guard<boost::recursive_mutex> guard(*mp_mutex);

if(wp != nullptr || matched_writer_lookup(a_change->writerGUID,&wp))
{
wp->setNotValid(a_change->sequenceNumber);
return true;
}
else
{
logError(RTPS_READER," You should always find the WP associated with a change, something is very wrong");
}
return false;
}

But what does it mean? And how to prevent this issue?

Best regards,
Alex

Morgan Quigley

Sep 10, 2016, 12:05:43 PM9/10/16
to ROS SIG NG ROS
Hi Alex,

Thank you for catching this.

I don't know the answer myself, but to ensure it doesn't get lost, the best place for specific bug reports is to create a github issue on the FastRTPS project:
https://github.com/eProsima/Fast-RTPS

Please be sure to include as much information as possible (OS version, compiler version, exact steps to exhibit the problem, etc.), so that it's possible
for someone else to reproduce it from the issue report.

Best regards,
Morgan