Algorithms A * and Dijkstra in ROS Indigo

Monserrat Rojas

Jan 30, 2017, 11:34:01 AM1/30/17
to ros-sig-navigation

Someone can help me with information or a tutorial that allows me to do simulations of the trajectories of the algorithms A * and Dikstra in ROS Indigo.

Help me plis!!

David Lu!!

Jan 30, 2017, 12:27:37 PM1/30/17
to ros-sig-n...@googlegroups.com
There are several packages for doing global planning in ROS, among them navfn and global_planner.

In the future, please try to do some basic due diligence before emailing the group. You can find the above two packages by googling "ros Dijkstra". You can feel free to post more specific questions here, or if you want to reach the widest audience, answers.ros.org

-David!!

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Monserrat Rojas <amonser...@gmail.com> wrote:

Someone can help me with information or a tutorial that allows me to do simulations of the trajectories of the algorithms A * and Dikstra in ROS Indigo.

Help me plis!!

Monserrat Rojas

Jan 30, 2017, 12:44:02 PM1/30/17
to ros-sig-n...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much

What happens is that I was reading a little (I am a beginner) and I realized that global_planner contains the algorithms (A * and Dijkstra).
Thanks to the tutorials I made some maps, now I want to do the planning of trajectories using my maps but implementing the algorithms (A * and Dijkstra).

But there is no way to do that, download the "navigation-indigo-devel" package but I do not have the news that it does not exist in the global_planner files (.launch) folder that allows me to run the algorithms.

They can be used as telling me or directing me to a place where I can know more in detail how I execute them?

David Lu!!

Jan 30, 2017, 12:49:09 PM1/30/17
to ros-sig-n...@googlegroups.com
Please open a question on answers.ros.org to get answers to these questions.

Monserrat Rojas

Jan 30, 2017, 1:15:07 PM1/30/17
to ros-sig-n...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for helping ...
I already asked the same question in that forum and I do not get an answer

Tully Foote

Jan 30, 2017, 7:59:22 PM1/30/17
to ros-sig-n...@googlegroups.com
Monserrat,

Please make sure to go back and answer your own question now that you have the answer. It's bad form to double post especially without linking to the original. Please see our support policy: http://wiki.ros.org/Support

Tully