Where is the local_costmap node in the source code?

hu yuanze

Nov 9, 2017, 11:54:33 AM11/9/17
to ros-sig-navigation

Hi, I am working on integrating other sensors to the navigation. What I planned to do is that there will be another node keep adding stuffs to the local cost map, since I would to do some object avoidance. So I really want to look at the source code of the local_costmap node. Is this here: https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation/tree/kinetic-devel/costmap_2d ? Any advice?

Thank you so much!
Alex

David Lu!!

Nov 9, 2017, 12:11:06 PM11/9/17
to ros-sig-n...@googlegroups.com
That is the proper source code. What you probably want to do is develop a new layer for the costmap.

Jit Ray Chowdhury

Nov 13, 2017, 4:13:44 AM11/13/17
to ros-sig-n...@googlegroups.com
The same costmap_2d library is loaded as a plugin twice in move_base with 2 different sets of configurations (sometimes with some commonalities too)
Using these configurations you can inturn load different sensor/layer plugins for the individual costmaps, which can be custom written as mentioned by @David

move_base references
and

cofiguring costmap example