Gateway Model Proposal

Daniel Stonier

Sep 17, 2012, 11:07:44 AM9/17/12
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Well, I finally got around to adding some more documentation outlining our gateway model work. It's also well in progress, we have a central redis server and topics flipping about and getting pulled across hither and thither. However, before we get too much further in, I thought I'd spin off the previous design goals list to a formal stack proposal (review) on the wiki.

If you're interested in commenting or want to request features, simply add them there.

If you'd like to get in and help (still interested Piyush?), email me. The reading there, particularly the two links at the bottom, should give a thorough idea of how we're trying to implement the solution. The github issue tracker gives an idea of the job list we have. Once it's got basic functionality, we'll probably start working on the old app manager (very soon) just so that we can drive a use case to test all the corner cases of the implementation properly.

Daniel.