Re: [ros-sig-mav] Digest for ros-sig-mav@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Harsha

Dec 25, 2015, 12:42:17 PM12/25/15
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Solo is definitely the way to go. If you want to hack the hardware checkout x8+ .
Solo allows to to scale gradually from high level app right down to the firmware.
Also get the propeller guards for solo, the drones can suddenly flip and cut deep.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year

Harsha Kikkeri
Director of Advanced Dev(robotics)
Suitable Tech

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 25, 2015, at 2:59 AM, ros-s...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Shawn Schaerer <shawn.s...@gmail.com>: Dec 24 04:39PM -0800

I'm developing an multi drone demo and want to know which drone would be the best to work with ROS?

I was thinking about 3DR Solo or Parrot Bepop.
Dji phantom is out because it does not seem that we have access to the autopilot.

Thanks

Shawn Schaerer

Jan 4, 2016, 11:39:18 PM1/4/16
to ROS SIG Micro Air Vehicle
Thanks Harsha,
I just received a solo.  I am going to be looking at running ROS on it.

I'll definitely get the prop guards.

Shawn