Dronecode - Linux Foundation Project

Rich Mattes

Oct 13, 2014, 11:08:11 AM10/13/14
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

It looks like the Linux Foundation has announced [1] a collaborative project called Dronecode.  It's currently listing Ardupilot and and px4 as the projects its supporting.  It doesn't look like ROS involved anywhere though, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Rich

[1] https://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/167-amanda-mcpherson/791452-announcing-dronecode-expanding-the-architecture-of-participation-for-unmanned-aerial-vehicles/
[2] https://www.dronecode.org/

Meier Lorenz

Oct 14, 2014, 2:39:31 PM10/14/14
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich,

We (PX4) are part of that effort and our roadmap involves a strong and native ROS vision (not just an interface). The launch is just the first step into that direction, and this mailing list is the natural place to get more coherence in the ROS aerial robotics community and to foster interoperability.

We have been pinned down since IROS, but you will see much more information flowing on this list in the next days - we’re just consolidating a proposal for message specs and roadmap to give the discussion a meaningful start.

Cheers,
Lorenz