ROS support for PX4 flight stack in master

Meier Lorenz

Feb 4, 2015, 11:49:42 AM2/4/15
to ros-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

we have initial documentation of our ROS port of the PX4 flight stack here:
https://pixhawk.org/dev/ros/sitl

It runs as normal ROS node when running on Linux, but the same code can be executed on the micro controller / NuttX as well. This is great for simulation or for prototyping new algorithms on Linux. Testers / contributors welcome!

We would like to acknowledge the Autonomous Systems Lab of ETH, who kindly provided us the Gazebo simulation framework we are using for this effort. This was a critical piece to get us going and we will continue to rely on it and contribute to it as our main robotics simulation framework.

We also have a Docker container with the setup, and people interested to help us build a continuous integration system with Docker / Jenkins and ROS would be very welcome:
https://pixhawk.org/dev/ros/automated_sitl

-Lorenz