[Discourse.ros.org] Summary

Discourse.ros.org summary

Jun 14, 2016, 10:30:19 PM6/14/16
to ros-si...@googlegroups.com
Discourse.ros.org
A brief summary of Discourse.ros.org since your last visit on April 13

Popular posts

Posted originally in the ROS users mailing list:

While ROS 2.0 is still under development (alpha releases), the good work of the OSRF team already allows many things to be done on top of it. After a few months working with ROS 2.0 and getting good preliminary results, our team decided to start contributing and switching towards ROS 2.0 for new products. While our contributions will take a bit to merge upstream we noticed that besides the fantastic resource put together by the OSRF and friends at design.ros2.org, there were not many additional resources that newcomers could use to take the first steps.

Our interns at Erle were having a bad time learning ROS 2.0 so we decided to have one of them create a video series about ROS 2.0 that others could benefit from.
Asier, who now became a full time employee put together a series both in spanish and in english:

The content has proved to be useful for several people so we're glad to released it publicly and get your feedback. Feel free to send us your thinking.

We've allocated some additional funding for this tutorial series so if you'd like to see some additional topic covered, let us know.

This summary is sent from Discourse.ros.org when we haven't seen you in a while. To unsubscribe click here.

Discourse.ros.org summary

Jun 22, 2016, 2:23:42 PM6/22/16
to ros-si...@googlegroups.com
Discourse.ros.org
A brief summary of Discourse.ros.org since your last visit on April 13

Popular posts

tl;dr: Does anyone have experience with Docker containers who would like to setup some for MoveIt! ?

At our last MoveIt! maintainer meeting I brought up an issue with how difficult it is to test pull requests across different repos and different ROS distros. Maintainer @rhaschke suggested I try Docker containers, as he does, to prevent breaking my local workspace and work in development when testing someone else's PR. I have been learning Docker the past couple months and have created two example MoveIt! images that build MoveIt! from source for both Jade and Kinetic but I think I could use some help and advice on how to go about this. Currently this Dockerfile for an experimental merged MoveIt! times out while being built automatically.

I would like to get a automated image of MoveIt! Indigo/Jade/Kinetic both built from source and perhaps installed from Debian. Does anyone want to lead this up for us? We could create a ros-planing/moveit_docker repo and model it off of ROS