Rosjava Maintainer

Daniel Stonier

Oct 29, 2016, 9:51:43 PM10/29/16
to ros-si...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

As you are all probably aware, I've been out of the loop for quite some time and unable to devote cycles to maintaining ROS 1's java. New work should really go into that started by esteve (great work so far!), however there does seem to be some desire to have it running on kinetic to support existing software.

If someone does wish to step up, I will invest some time guiding them on the current setup (warts and all) so that they can drive it for karme kinetic as they wish.

Regards,
Daniel

Julian Cerruti

Oct 30, 2016, 8:22:26 PM10/30/16
to ros-si...@googlegroups.com
Hey Daniel,

Maybe this is something that has already been discussed, but I don't seem to be able to find it: perhaps it would be useful if you could layout, to the best of your knowledge (and of course if you have time, we know how busy / out of the loop you are), what do you think that migrating to Kinetic would entail in terms of what will need to be done?

Also, May I suggest that you re-post using the Discourse list, since we have moved all ROS traffic (including rosjava) to that system a while back?

All the best and some good kimchi to you,
Julian