Packaging ROS with Yocto and OpenEmbedded

462 wyświetlenia

Lukas Bulwahn

nieprzeczytany,
14 gru 2012, 08:22:0514.12.2012
do ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Markus Liebhardt has pointed me to this community for our concrete project. We are working with ROS and are interested in setting up a computing platform for our development using linux with yocto (or OpenEmbedded-Core) and the robotic operating system ROS. We are currently at the very beginning of this development: As a first step, we want to package ROS for our own needs, but we are open to contribute this to the community if there are others that need this as well.

Has someone in the community already packaged ROS for yocto or OpenEmbedded? Are there others that also interested in a ROS package for yocto or OpenEmbedded?

I already have heard that Erwin José Lopez Pulgarin is interested. If anyone else is interested, please contact us.

Our current work is in the process of reviewing for distributing it as open source contribution, and we expect that we can show the first results soon. The more interested people, the more we push the publication process :)

Lukas Bulwahn
BMW Car IT GmbH
Petuelring 116
D-80809 Muenchen
Germany
Mail:
lukas....@bmw-carit.de
Web:
http://www.bmw-carit.de
BMW Car IT GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Harald Heinecke
Sitz und Registergericht: München HRB134810

Ken Robinson

nieprzeczytany,
17 maj 2013, 00:34:2017.05.2013
do ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas,

I have an interest in ROS. I have signed up for a kickstarter project called UUDO http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/435742530/udoo-android-linux-arduino-in-a-tiny-single-board which is essentially a quad-core arm processor melded with an Arduino Due board. The makers have announced it would ship with Yocto which made me realise I would need to do some porting of ROS for me to fully use this. Is there any way I can help?

regards,
Ken Robinson.

Lukas Bulwahn

nieprzeczytany,
17 maj 2013, 02:43:2117.05.2013
do ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com, Ken Robinson
Hi Ken,

I am glad to hear that our project is useful for you.

Currently, the project provides you recipes for all ros-comm packages and a recipe to get a minimal Linux system that can run roscore.
Stefan Herbrechtsmeier and I are still working on this project and are improving it in various aspects. The issues on github give you a glance of the topics.
The current state of our work is on github at https://github.com/bmwcarit/meta-ros.

I suggest you do the following (in increasing order of your engagement):

1. Star our github project

3. Get acquainted with Yocto. If you know the basics about bitbake, layers, etc., using our ROS layer should be easy. Our README provides some hints as well.

4. Use our layer and report your experience on our mailing list.

5. Contribute the recipes that you need for your application and are of general interest to our github repository.

6. Discuss with us what to contribute in the next months.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Lukas

Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż