Looking for ROS trainer

Zbigniew Żelazny

Nov 30, 2014, 7:27:11 AM11/30/14
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com

At Wroclaw University of Technology we are planing with group o students to start adventure with ROS.

Location: https://www.google.pl/maps/place/Wroc...

Althought we didn't found anyone whe will be able to start learning students , staritng with the basics, and carrying on with course of how to create ROS based projects.

If here is someone who will be interested in sucha an oportunity, please contact. It don't have to be constant trainning, It can be intesive course.

My email: zbigniew...@pwr.edu.pl

Best Regards

Bill Smart

Dec 28, 2014, 3:21:20 PM12/28/14
to ROS Education SIG
Zbigniew,

The ROS Education SIG list is (mostly) dead these days.  You might reach more people if you resend your email to the ROS Users list.

As an aside, we're starting a project to collect a bunch of educational material for ROS, from people already using it in their classes.  It will be open-source, but it won't be ready for about a year, unfortunately.  We'll be making an announcement on ROS Users when it's ready for people to look at, though.

cheers

-- Bill

William Lehman

Apr 13, 2015, 4:43:51 PM4/13/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill

I have developed five labs for leaning Robot Kinematics using ROS.  I want to make it available to Professors and Instructors to use freely.  Do you have advice on how to submit it to wiki.ros.org.  I see from note below you are collecting teaching material?  The labs were developed by me and being used by Dr. Yousuf (Savannah State University).  I want to make sure only Professors get solutions material for the problems presented.

The labs are geared toward Undergraduate students as a introduction to Robotic Kinematics.

Best Regards

William Lehman

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Zbigniew Żelazny <zbigniew...@gmail.com> wrote:

At Wroclaw University of Technology we are planing with group o students to start adventure with ROS.

Location: https://www.google.pl/maps/place/Wroc...

Althought we didn't found anyone whe will be able to start learning students , staritng with the basics, and carrying on with course of how to create ROS based projects.

If here is someone who will be interested in sucha an oportunity, please contact. It don't have to be constant trainning, It can be intesive course.

My email: zbigniew.zelazny@pwr.edu.pl

Best Regards

Bill Smart

Jul 9, 2015, 11:48:28 PM7/9/15
to ROS Education SIG
William,

Sorry for the very slow reply on this.  This message got triaged to spam, and I just ran across it when looking for someone else.

I'm in the process of trying to set up a repository to host ROS curricular materials.  The idea is to give people a place to put their materials up so that they can be easily found by others.  We're currently in the very early stages of setting this up, but if you're interested in having your materials there, I'd be happy to include them.  The goal is to retain strong ownership for the contributers.

If you are interested, can you send me (a link to) the material?  We're still trying to figure out the appropriate infrastructure, and are looking at the needs of a representative sample of materials from a number of contributers.  We'll add yours to the mix, and come up with a proposed design, which we'll run by you for opinions.  Hopefully, this will happen in the next couple of months.

Also, it would be interesting to hear about any constraints that you might have, such as restricting access to faculty members only.

cheers

-- Bill

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 1:43 PM, William Lehman <tec.teach...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

William Lehman

Jul 10, 2015, 5:02:12 PM7/10/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill

Yes, I'm Interested!

Give me a few days to clarify thoughts about access etc.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks

Bill Smart

Jul 13, 2015, 1:35:24 PM7/13/15
to ROS Education SIG

William Lehman

Jul 14, 2015, 7:27:44 PM7/14/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com, Asad Yousuf, Asad Yousuf
Hi Bill

Kind a wrote a diagram of what my wish list is.  Paper describing four labs is also attached.

I hope to get web site up in a few days.  I have audio video for one of the labs and pdf files for all of them.  I will have a lab in the future that uses arduino with instructions for building a very simple robot arm.

Thanks

William Lehman

roslib.png
Kinematic_Paper_2015June.pdf