Advanced Navigation INS device driver

scott....@advancednavigation.com.au

Jul 24, 2017, 12:56:03 AM7/24/17
to ROS Drivers Special Interest Group
I have created an example driver for the range of Advance Navigation INS devices eg Spatial, Spatial Dual, Spatial FOG, Spatial FOG Dual, Motus, and Orientus.

The repository can be found here: https://github.com/an-scott/Advanced_Navigation_driver.

If anyone has any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Scott O'Brien
Application Support Engineer

Phone: +61 2 9099 3800
Advanced Navigation
https://www.advancednavigation.com.au

scott....@advancednavigation.com.au

Aug 8, 2017, 2:05:10 AM8/8/17
to ROS Drivers Special Interest Group
I would like to get this driver added to the ROS Device Drivers organisation on Github. How do I go about this?

Cheers.

Scott

Jack O'Quin

Aug 13, 2017, 12:26:21 PM8/13/17
to ros-sig...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 1:05 AM, <scott....@advancednavigation.com.au> wrote:
I would like to get this driver added to the ROS Device Drivers organisation on Github. How do I go about this?

Are you and your company willing to maintain the driver, and make releases?
--
 joq

Scott O'Brien

Jack O'Quin

Aug 30, 2017, 3:02:31 PM8/30/17
to ros-sig...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the slow response.

I created an Advanced Navigation maintainers team in ros-drivers and invited you to join it.

I also created an Advanced_Navigation_driver repository. The maintainers team has owner access to it. I used the same repo name as yours, but the package name is actually "an_driver". The driver name follows REP-0144. There is no standard that I know of for ROS repository names, but being different from the name of its only package seems mildly confusing.

We'll also need to create an GBP release repo for making binary releases. I haven't done that, yet.

 joq