Velodyne Driver Maintenance

Joshua Whitley

Sep 25, 2017, 11:27:53 AM9/25/17
to ROS Drivers Special Interest Group
Hey ros-drivers devs,

I just wanted to quickly ask about maintenance of the Velodyne package. @jack-oquin has been doing an excellent job with maintaining the driver but he has admitted that lately he's been to busy to do much work on it. There are quite a few outstanding issues and pull requests as well as the need for new Indigo/Jade/Kinetic/Lunar releases. I'd be happy to do this maintenance if someone would give me access. My company sells Velodynes and we usually have access to all models (16, 32, 64ES2.1, and now 64ES3). Please let me know if you guys are OK with this.

Thanks,

Josh

Michael Carroll

Sep 25, 2017, 11:47:04 AM9/25/17
to ros-sig...@googlegroups.com
Seems like a reasonable proposition.  Jack are you good with that?

~mc

Jack O'Quin

Oct 3, 2017, 2:48:41 PM10/3/17
to ros-sig...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

I am slowing down in my old age, and no longer have much bandwidth to work on it.

 joq

Jack O'Quin

Oct 3, 2017, 2:50:43 PM10/3/17
to ros-sig...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Joshua, for offering to help!
--
 joq

Joshua Whitley

Oct 3, 2017, 3:55:13 PM10/3/17
to ROS Drivers Special Interest Group
No problem, Jack! Can someone give me write access under my work account (JWhitleyAStuff)?

Thanks!