Re: [ros-sig-drivers] Generic ROS Driver

G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME

Feb 20, 2019, 3:24:52 AM2/20/19
to ros-sig...@googlegroups.com
On 19-2-2019 23:26, Bill McCormick wrote:
> Is there a generic ROS driver available?
>
> I'm envisioning some generic node that, where given some msg, start byte
> and length, can map ROS topics in and out of the I/O assemblies. It
> would publish when the PLC Input Assembly data (section) changes and,
> and update the Output Data when some subscribed topic(s) are updated.
>
> If such a thing does not exist, would there be interest in it? Or is it
> the case that every ROS/OpENer application needs to be custom?
>
> If I were to make such a thing, I assume that my ROS application would
> link against libPOSIXPLATFORM, and follow the sample_application as an
> example?
>
> BTW, I was pleasantly surprised to get the sample_application working
> out of the box, in a matter of minutes, against a ControlLogix PLC
> sitting on my desk. Nice work!

Bill,

did you intend to send this email to some other list?

OpENer is not written/maintained by anyone in the ROS community afaik.

I would also suggest to post this on ROS Discourse, as that's where
discussion has (been) moved to.

Gijs

Bill McCormick

Mar 8, 2019, 12:25:22 PM3/8/19
to ROS Drivers Special Interest Group
Yes. I've since removed it from this list and posted it to the OpENer developers list.