Pepper's slow response to execute commands

Qiaojie Zheng

Feb 17, 2021, 2:26:26 PM2/17/21
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
Hi everyone,

I implemented a Cartesian IK control for pepper's two arms about 2 months ago, and it was running without any problem. But when I come back to use the system, pepper showed significant lag compared to previous vision, and there was no modification to the code at all. All codes were done in python.

I also noticed that the "ALMotionPorxy.getAngles()" call was significantly slower compare with the run that I had in December last year. Previously, I can get around 30 messages/second when I call the getAngles() function, but recently it dropped below 10. Does any one have ever experienced similar issue?

My system was communicating through WiFi, and my code works, without any lag, in Choregraphe