PEPPER ROS

sylveste...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2020, 1:51:05 PM9/9/20
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
we have a pepper robot which is completely configured in android , now i want to do navigation using ROS,kindly hep me the steps how to perform navigation in this android configured robot

Juliette pepper

Sep 10, 2020, 5:46:44 AM9/10/20
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
I think It's no possible to connect ROS with Pepper android. I only can connect ROS with Pepper python.

Sylvester Fowzan

Sep 10, 2020, 6:15:24 AM9/10/20
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
right now pepper is completely configured in android by softbank,then
how to perform autonomous navigation without ros?

Juliette pepper

Sep 10, 2020, 8:55:01 AM9/10/20
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
I know that pepper is configured in android. But I only know that you can use these app https://github.com/softbankrobotics-labs/maplocalizeandmove for mapping.

Iki wgt

Jul 1, 2021, 3:43:28 PM7/1/21
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
we have tried to work around this with ros java (also outdated) on android but had no success so far to establish a connection. pretty frustrating since we then would have bought a python pepper...

Victor PALEOLOGUE

Jul 2, 2021, 2:58:16 AM7/2/21
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
You can map the area, and localize in the map later on.
Then the usual GoTo actions use localization instead of odometry to navigate.