sliding Mode Control for pi robot

hossein zakizadeh

Jul 28, 2017, 3:00:39 AM7/28/17
to ros-by-example
hi . i want to control pi robot using sliding mode control . in book using PID control . but i want using sliding mode conttrol . how  can i do that
and how used PID control in book to control pi robot and how can i change PID control to sliding mode control

Patrick Goebel

Jul 29, 2017, 8:21:04 AM7/29/17
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hossein,

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "sliding mode control".  Do you mean skid steering instead of differential drive?

--patrick

El suisse

Jul 29, 2017, 10:35:09 AM7/29/17
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hossein i recomend you the amazing online course from coursera

Control of Mobile Robots

which cover this topic(Module 5).

sliding_mode.png

Patrick Goebel

Aug 2, 2017, 8:42:14 AM8/2/17
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hossein,

That kind of lower level base control is outside the scope of the ROS By Example books.  I Googled "ROS sliding control mode" and found this old package that you might want to take a look at.  You might try posting your question on http://answers.ros.org.

--patrick

-