Multiple servo motor control through arduino in terminal

Ashish Gohel

Nov 21, 2014, 6:20:47 AM11/21/14
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,

I am work in reseach institute and doing my Master project based on ROS . i wanted to know is there any way out by which i can 2 or more servos at a time from a single subscriber. Currently i am running one servo on a single channel of arduino Due. But i require two servos to be run at a same time by giving them different angle values. like;

rostopic pub Servo1 std_msgs/Int16 230; this passes 230 degree to the servo attached. But i want to control two at a time like;

rostopic pub Servo1 std_msgs/Int16 230 130 240; 230 for 1st servo; (degrees) 130for 2nd servo;(degrees) 240 for 3rd servo...(degrees)

is it possible? i m new in ROS.

Patrick Goebel

Nov 24, 2014, 10:26:49 AM11/24/14
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashish,

This is a good question to be posted on http://answers.ros.org since it is not really covered in the ROS By Example books.  However, I see that either you or someone else has asked this same question on that form.  The answer posted to that question does point to some possible solutions.

--patrick

Ashish Gohel

Nov 25, 2014, 12:28:18 AM11/25/14
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,
                     I already gone through that post earlier but couldn't found any fruitful solution. Also,I want ROS OpenCV based C++ examples .Please forward me some links or any other details related to it.

It would be highly appreciable if you suggest me good solution regarding the respected problem as soon as possible.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanking You,

Regards
Ashish Gohel